UA-100, anyone?

shackx2

I jumped on the UA-100 bandwagon at the very beginning when it was the only USB Audio interface out there. And it wasn't really expensive, either.

It's just I find so few people who've even heard of it, let alone people who own it/use it.

I'd really like to hear of other people using it and what your experience has been. Sometimes I love it, and other times I hate. I've contemplated trying something else many times.

Here's the system I'm running.

PIII 450
320 RAM
Windows 98
Sonar is primary music application.

I like the UA-100 because of the 2X In/Out Midi jacks, but I wonder if it's one of the things that drives me crazy because it makes my system pretty finicky.

My other biggest complaint is that I feel like that actual, physical, 1/4" inputs are WAY wimpy. I am constantly fighting to find a balance between a good hot input level "to tape" in the computer that doesn't overload the actual input of the device.

I've got enough plugins for my software that I've hardly ever messed with the effects in the UA-100.

Please respond. I'd love to hear about your experiences.

-shack

If you don't know anything about the UA-100 you can check it out at www.edirol.com

Back