Transfering ADAT recorded material to Reaper via lightpipe

thebandtest

I've been trying to dump all eight tracks from my adat to the reaper recording software. My problem is getting reaper to hold the input I assign it. The program recognizes the proper adat pairs but if I assign the first track it will be ok and it will monitor it. When I try to assign the second pair to the second track it will accept it and monitor it. If I try for a third track it won't monitor it and the assignments for the other two have changed. I know that according to the manual if you want tracks to accept a different assignment than the first track you have to hold down shift. I have also tried the routing matrix with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions.

I have a feeling it is not Reaper. What is the interface between the ADAT and the computer? Do you have a PCI card connected, drivers, need more information.

First of all, have you made sure your clocking is correct? You can not connect two digital devices together without assigning one as the master clock and the other as slave.

You need to either sync your audio interface to the incoming clock from the ADAT or send an ADAT cable back to the ADAT machine and sync it to the audio interface. The former is probably the easiest.

This is the first step before attempting to transfer anything digitally.

Cheers :)

Back