tascam usb428?

storm

Anyone using the tascam usb428 along with a mixer?

I have a tmd1000 mixer and was wondering if the tascam usb controller would be a good addition, and why??

dont know, but FYI, they have a lengthy review of the usb428 in the most recent Electronic Music magazine

no, it wouldnt be....

TMD1000 is a digital mixer, and to take advantage of it, all you want is some kinda way to interface it with the computer....

the usb428 is a usb device to be used as an alernative to the mixer/soundcard combo....

what exactly is it that u wanna do?

Looking to record audio tracks, master to a cd.
I've seen the tascam usb 428 at a friend of a friend's place and his 428 can control faders in the software program, making it easier than using the mouse for the faders in the software.
Can a digital mixer (the TDM1000) do this?
If not, what can I get to acheive this?
Then I guess the next question would be "Do I need this function?

I've just got the mixer so I don't know it's capabilities yet.
I haven't recorded anything yet.
Another friend of mine suggested the Motu 2804, how does that rate??

It sort of depends. Most digital mixers have midi implementation and the USB 428 is actually just a disguised midi controller for Cubase.

You may be able to set your mixer to assign its functions to the relevant midi channels etc utilised by Cubase etc but this would be rather hard to do I think.

e.g. set fader 1 to send out midi data to cubase to control its on screen fader 1.

I thnk to be honest that this will be rather hard to achieve as you would need to be a dab hand with midi and midi implementation charts. I personally wouldn't bother. You could of course buy the USB 428 anyway and just use it as a controller.

Back