SoundBlaster Live!Value problem you should know about!!!CREATIVE YOU SUCK!!!!

William Choi

OK, just got a new computer. Got the CD driver installer w/ SBlive!value.

Now, I just spent a hefty hour trying to figure out why the FUCK my signal from my MX802A board wasn't audiable yet the monitor(VU meter) in CoolEdit Pro still was registering the signal and recording it.
I couldn't hear any of my guitar playing(i was doing through the mixer to the ins of the soundcard) but I could still hear the play back of CEP and was able to record tracked.

I looked at my Creative surround Mixer trying to found out WTF?! right?

I have Soundblaster Live!(normal version w/ all the digital stuff in it) on another computer and noticed something.
This version of the creative surround mixer has a LineIn volume!!! and the version on my new computer doesn't!!!

Then I tried installing different versions of the driver that I had, getting the same old shit(no Line IN volume fader).

Then I settled back down on the original Version of the driver + surround mixer. And I went to the Microsoft Mixer setting(the one that comes with Win98.

PRESTO!!! Lasagne!!! There was a Line In fader. Fixed it up the way I wanted it and I was done and happy. But WTF CREAtive?!!?!?!
CREATIVE don't fuck with us. originally, my Surround mixer couldn't even save my fucking settings. Making load different versions of the driver again!! Then theres that problem where your Surround Mixer doesn't even have all the appropriate faders displayed!!!

CREATIVE needs to get their shit togther. They don't have a monopoly over soundcards, so don't FUCK AROUND!!!!!!
So all of you out there wanting to get a SBLIVE! VALUE, expect some difficulties!!!!

That's because Creative makes gamer boards and you need a prosumer audio board. We represent something like 0.001% of Creative's market, so don't waste time getting mad. They sell what sells.

I think the search function is working again; there is quite a lot of information in the archives and you may find a few tricks. I've got the same problem; tried to do the digital thing and pfft! Time to learn more. I found a few ideas at www.hoontech.com as well.

I will use the Creative board until I know more and have a little cash to spend on an audio board. That's life.

Back