• Sonar 1.0

Votes: 226 10.1%
  • Logic audio

Votes: 191 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Ardour, version 2.8 for Mac.
I used Cubase MIDI from 1994 onward, Audiotracker (on the Falcon 030) from 1998 - 2003, then Cubase Audio Mac until version 4. Discovered Ardour not a year ago. Ver.3 is said to be unstable on Macs and won't open sessions started in version 2. Just today I downloaded MU-LAB free because Ardour has no MIDI. Yes I like freebies! And don't want to use cracked soft. Got Ardour for one dollar, then after testing it I sent them 25.

Have you tried Ubuntu's Studio? It includes Ardour and some other audio software, just curious as I am going to try and experiment with Ubuntu's OS for recording.

Well if I had a "PC" (as in, not a Mac) I'd certainly use Ubuntu - I installed it on my wife's laptop and like it a lot.

I've been using Cool Edit 2000 when it first came out and now using Adobe Auditon 3.0. Never any issues. End results really sound great.

DM60 - I have tried recording in Ubuntu using studio. To be honest, when it was running correctly it was not too bad, but it does have a nasty habit of crashing at the wrong moment, (is there ever a good moment?) - There were major issues with latency too. Would be interesting to see what you make of it though.

I have been using studio 1 from Presonus. It seems to do most of what I want - although I do include reason and fruity loops depending on what I am recording. Most of my own stuff is done with keyboards which makes things very much easier, but my son is a guitarist, and we find Studio 1 is about the best PC software available for a reasonable fee. Bearing in mind, of course, that you have to be running a stupidly powerful PC to run the latest Pro Tools!

I've been using Cool Edit 2000 when it first came out and now using Adobe Auditon 3.0. Never any issues. End results really sound great.

FWIW, Audition CC smokes Audition 3. You have to live with the Creative Cloud thing though, which sucks if you're interested in Audition only rather than the whole suite of what Adobe offers.

I use Audacity, which is for free and works pretty good: editing it is easy. Wavepad seems to be good to it is not for free. Hope this helps. Although I guess you prefer to record on your own you can always go to a voice over agency and get the job done.

I now use Cubase 7.5 which I absolutely love...it isn't quite as stable as Cubase 7.0.6 but I know the issues will be fixed by the end of this month. I love Wavelab 8 too and use it regularly for cleaning up audio, restoration and mastering. I went through a phase of using reaper, logic, pro tools, audacity, FL studio, reason and even roland digital multitrackers before using a PC, before that cassette and crappy lo-fi quality with tape hiss, noise and noise...

Use Mixcraft6 because it is so darned flexible - & I probably only skim the surface of its potential because I basically use the software like an old-fashioned (multitrack) tape recorder - still a lot of learning to do :-o

;)

Cubase 7.5.20 Been using Cubase since V1 Atari in 1989, before that Pro24, so I've grown up with Steinberg software. Never been tempted to buy any other DAW.

I use Studio One Producer. Mostly because my Audiobox Studio package came with a free upgrade to Producer from Artist. Before that I used Reaper. I like the customization Reaper has (skins especially), but I find the workflow in Studio One to be a little easier/better for me.

I have used Pro Tools simply because I have some clients who request it. Most of the time (and for most of the recording jobs I do), if I'm not using my trusted Tascam 788/2488 Rigs for getting something down quickly, I use NCH Mixdown Pro which provides the necessary bells and whistles for $100's less and sometimes I use an early version Kristal Audio Engine (which was actually the basic building blocks of a very popular DAW (that will remain nameless here) Mixdown and KAE use a lot of VST's that are common to Protools, Cubase and others. Import and export wav, mp3 and as I say, I didn't have to break the bank to build a great recording platform :)

I have used Pro Tools simply because I have some clients who request it. Most of the time (and for most of the recording jobs I do), if I'm not using my trusted Tascam 788/2488 Rigs for getting something down quickly, I use NCH Mixdown Pro which provides the necessary bells and whistles for $100's less and sometimes I use an early version Kristal Audio Engine (which was actually the basic building blocks of a very popular DAW (that will remain nameless here) Mixdown and KAE use a lot of VST's that are common to Protools, Cubase and others. Import and export wav, mp3 and as I say, I didn't have to break the bank to build a great recording platform :)

I'm sure the guy who started this thread 13 years ago is really pleased to know that...:laughings:

Cubase 6.5 for recording and editing. I sometimes use an old version of Sound Forge to bring the levels up or try different things, but everything is pretty much done in Cubase for me. I primarily do midi recording, so no live performances from me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back