SIS mobo swap to an Nforce2 mobo

Bob's Mods

I just changed out my motherboard from an Asus A7S333 (SIS chipset) to an Asus A7N8X-X (Nforce2 chipset). I've noticed an improvement in the audio, at least I think do, it seems more defined, tighter & focused. Has anyone thought they perceived an improvement in sonics when they changed out a lower grade motherboard for a better one or am I just suffering from some kind of unknown mental sickness?
Actually it was a pain in the arse and maybe I just want to believe it was worth all the agony and hair pulling.

Bob

Personally I can't see how swapping a motherboard can improve the sound quality. Frankly I think it's all between your ears but I happily stand corrected if anyone can make it feasible.

I personally think that it's possible. After all, those voltages are running through the motherboard before hitting the component or peripheral of choice, and many people swear that cleaner power is key to getting good quality sound...

I agree that it sounds stupid but the audio does seem to sound not so much better there does seem to be tigher track to track focus. Maybe its just the new processor resolving the plugins and panning info a tad better.

Bob

Back