Setting up to record from Digitech pedal to PC

~DieselFanatic~

Hello and happy holidays. Lost my password and user name so I hav'nt been here in a while.

I'm not very computer/technology literate so please bear with me. I have Cakewalk music creator 6 on my windows Vista pc currently. I'm trying to record from my Digitech RP255 pedal to the pc but no audio signal shows up on the meter on the music creator 6 when I strum the guitar ect. I also barely get playback/computer sound through the headphones hooked up to the pedal.

I have successfully recorded while using some free Cubase software that came with the pedal before I had to re-do the computer. It crashed twice while using the Cubase so I got the music creator 6.

Anyway, I'm lost. I don't know if it needs a driver that got lost when I got the computer re-done or what.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

What does 'redo the computer' mean? New OS? In any case, make sure you have the driver for your OS downloaded, installed, and selected as the default sound device, both in Windows and whatever DAW you are using.

The computer still had the Vista we just had to basically delete everything that did'nt come with the computer I guess. I believe the driver that worked with the pedal was ASIO DirectX or something along those lines. It may have been specific to Digitech stuff. I looked on a ASIO side and could'nt find it listed, maybe discontinued. Is there an equivalant?

Still no audio showing on the software. For some reason I can't select RP255 for the input. In the "assign input series" window there are no options in the drop box so the input is set at "-None-". In the output I have selected RP255 In/Out.

While X-Edit is good to have, it is not what you need to record. You need the driver. Follow the link Jimmy gave you. It's there.

Do not use the ASIO Direct driver.

Thanks Chili I downloaded the wrong stuff in the link Jimmy posted. I'm working on downloading the correct RP255 driver now. Having trouble with the last step, says to log in as admin on the pc to finish and when logged in as admin on my pc I can not access the internet. I also set the other my "common" as admin on the pc so I could have internet and still don't have privilages to finish the download. Not sure whats going on but I'll let you know when I get it figured out.

Ok, got the RP255 driver installed. I tried recording again and still no audio showing. And still no option for the RP255 as an input that I can find.

Have you gone through the manual thoroughly? Not many people here use Music Creator, so probably won't find much help here. I use digitech pedals, but I don't record through the USB connection. I plug the audio outs into my interface.

In X-edit, there's an option panel semi-hidden at the bottom. Click on Audio Setup. That might help with playback, etc.

Thanks for the tip about the x-edit.

I misplaced the cakewalk manual a year or so ago. I may see if I can get a replacement or just try a different program. I did use the free software that came with the pedal and it worked good for a while but for some reason I believe it caused the Vista to crash twice.

I'll try to get in contact with cakewalk, I appreciate the help Jimmys69 and Chili.

Cakewalk Manual

With a quick glance it doesn't appear that it controls ASIO driver from within the software.

Try installing the driver and see if you can select it as Default Audio Device in Windows for both input and output via Control Panel>Sounds. Or something like that (haven't used Vista in quite a while).

Heres the probem I have now, I still can't assign an input. So it still don't show an audio signal. Heres a couple pics.

DSC01649_zps1f3c87b6.jpg
[/URL]
DSC01651_zps98ed8c58.jpg
[/URL]

You don't have to do that man. All I seen currently on their site was music creator 6 touch for windows 7 and 8. I'm thinking this might be a Vista problem. I'll get in touch with Cakewalk and see if they have a remedy. Thanks alot for the help though.

Back