Screeching sound from Tascam US-122 mkII

jamsea

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit with an Acer Aspire 5536 laptop. Every hour or so while listening to any sort of sound everything will become screechy and the only way I can fix it is by unplugging my interface and plugging it back in.

It's not the popping or buzzing sound you get if your system doesn't have enough ram to run cpu intensive plugins, but almost like an audio feedback sound.

I have the latest drivers for my interface and I don't have the slightest idea what might be causing this, I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

I'm on Windows 7 64bit with a Tascam US-122mkII and I have the same problem.

Sometimes I won't be doing anything sound related, just typing something up and i'll get these static noises keep pulsing from one or both sides of my headphones. They will go away if I unplug the device and plug it back it in but the noises will just come back 5-10 minutes later.

I hate this piece of crap.

Yeah Tascam drivers suck, keep checking their website for updates. I've got windows 7 and a US-144 and I had a similar problem until they updated the driver(now i have different, but less annoying problems)

I've got the lasted W7 64 bit driver. Maybe if I roll back drivers it will reverse the problem.

Tascam 122 mkii makes loud screeching sound

I'm using Tascam US 122 mkii with Windows 7, 64 bit. For no good reason it decides to start screeching, until I unplug the USB.
Is there a good reason for this?

Hi.

That feedback you hear is called cyloning and its a problem with the driver, the motherboard and any potential conflicting video cards.

The audio card companies blame the Deferred Procedure Calls on the computer and the computer co's blame the drivers from the audio card co's.

Nothing you can do but hassle tech support.

You can collate all your system specs with this free app.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit with an Acer Aspire 5536 laptop. Every hour or so while listening to any sort of sound everything will become screechy and the only way I can fix it is by unplugging my interface and plugging it back in.

It's not the popping or buzzing sound you get if your system doesn't have enough ram to run cpu intensive plugins, but almost like an audio feedback sound.

I have the latest drivers for my interface and I don't have the slightest idea what might be causing this, I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Join the club. 64 bit 2.02 Tascam drivers still don't work. They have the intermittent crunching, hiss, pixelated sound.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=295530&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Same problem. The problem started after going from my on-board videocard to a Galaxy GTS 460. It could be a conflict, it could be that power supply struggle. Think I'll try connecting the Tascam on a powered USB hud to rule that out.

Windows 7 64
GA-880GM-UD2H x.x (Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.)
Tascam US-122L

Hi guys,

I have the same problem with this screeching sound from my US122 MK II. I still use XP (SP3) and driver 1.14
The strange thing is something it starts very soon, sometimes not. Tonight I was playing my digital piano for a long time without the problem appearing, the difference with a lot of other occassions is that this time a hadn't connected MIDI In & Out. Could the problem be related to MIDI?
In a few days I am gonna borrow a US 122 MKII from a band member who never noticed this problem to find out if the disturbance is apparatus-related.

i think i solve the problem.. i used to have the same issue what i do was to disable my built in audiocard and put the tascam us 122 as default that works for me i hope it will be helpful for all of those who have that problem.. sorry about my english.. i am from mexico i have windows 7 64 bit and i use it with asio i run the tascam with 1.14 drivers.. i think driver doesn't make any difference but just in case.. i preffer to let all explained

good luck!

no one solved the problem?
same problems here!

Hello everyone i was having this problem too and it was so very annoying ,i would be working on projects remixes or whatever and it would start making this noise and i had to shut down but ,i think i found an answer to anyone who has this problem on windows 7.

basically the tascman us 122mkII was not built for windows 7 and it was discontinued when windows 7 was out ,or was basically it was for windows 98 ,windows xp ,windows vista etc

so what i did was download an older driver and so far i have not had this problem ,so give it a try mates

All,

After having used the US122MKII without any issues for a long time on my Toshiba with Vista laptop, I started to have issues with my new laptop which is a Dell running Windows7 SP1. Getting what is here described as the screeching sound every now and then. it took a while before I discovered that the problem was related to the new laptop in combination with the US122. I first blamed my mixer and sound modules for having failures, that caused my two recent performances to be a nervous nightmare. At first time it happened I blamed the local area for having some disturbing RF interference or so. When I happened again on my next show, I decided to further investigate and finally found the Tascam US122 to be causing.

I had pretty old drivers (2.00) so I updated to all the latest stuff includuing the firmware, but hasn't fixed the issue. Actually with the "old" driver the problem occured and then went away after 10-30 seconds, with the new firmware/driver it seems when it happens it doesn't go away anymore, only until after the USB is disconnected/connected. But then it will come back again after anything between 0 and 30 minutes.

I have dropped an email to Tascam Support and waiting for a reply. Given postings on Forums I read, I'm not too optimistic that a solution will come from them. Has anyone here found a solution or work-around this issue?

Greetings from the Netherlands,
:guitar:Hans Albers

Holding de Riddim Entertainment

hey guys i own a Tascam us-122mkii an i got the same screeching issues. I've tried everything ,all drivers version and firmwares with all possible combinations, the authorized dealer here in Greece told me that i might have a problem with RF signals, phorium lamps, eco lamps, my pc's PSU (800w corsair silentpro gold), my motherboard, my OS (win7 64 bit sp1, 16gb ram) and many more crap i cant recall right now...i remove all phorium lamps, eco lamps, and antennas near my pc that could cause that issue i bought a usb hub with external power supply and still nothing note that in a mac pro it works flawlessly so i guess its crappy drivers that causing that. Tascam support people are not very helpful took like 4 weeks to answer me by telling me that i should go to my authorized dealer which i did but wasn't very helpful either. does anyone have the same issue and did something that fixed that annoying screeching (actually many have that issue as i notice..)? the authorized dealer here is a joke as well as tascam support and definitely if i don't find a way to fix this i'm gonna paint my us-122mkii blue and throw it to the sea

i had this problem for awhile it seems it is a problem with the drivers from version 2.0 onwards,so i installed the drivers that are on the disc that came with the tascam us122mkll.i have had no problems with the screeching sound since.suggest you give it a try aswell

Hi everybody,

So, I´m almost buying a Tascam US 122 MKII, but i´m on windows 7 64bit!
Are you all, Tascam US122 owners, using the most recent drivers software AND firmware from TASCAM site?

If you have updated firmware and software, to the most recent drivers, win7_64bit drivers, so it´s a risk to get this audio interface. If not, I will believe this audio interface is very good for me and my pc, it´s just a matter of being updated, soft and firm ware!

Am I right?

Hi all,

I´ve bought the Tascam US 122 MKII
So, first thing done was installing the newest drivers (i didn´t installed the CD ROM ones, i just downloaded the latest, 2.03 to windows 7 64 bit), and update firmware (firmware from factory was 2.01, now it´s 2.03).
Well, It already happened to me 3 times, the "metallic" sound, that distorts a little the playing, and if not playing anything, it remains the static-type sound, like some low-volume noisy metallic sound.
First time was yesterday, with some hours running everything ok, it started the sound. Then, was today, al 18h00 more or less, and right now (3h00 a.m.). Well, I just plug out usb and plug in again, and it´s all ok, but... how can we fix it? Is it really a Tascam problem, or is it Windows 64 bit who causes, randomly and without understanding why, something to the USB audio interfaces?

Thank you!

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I just disabled, in this exact minute, one other audio device I had in my "playback devices", in spite of the other device as with the symbol unplugged or something. The only audio device I have in my pc, right now, is the motherboard one, but that one I just disabled on BIOS yesterday, before I installed Tascam. Even though, it still had some audio device besides Tascam, in "playback devices". Let´s see, because i just disabled that device, and now I can only see the Tascam audio interface there.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I just disabled, in this exact minute, one other audio device I had in my "playback devices", in spite of the other device as with the symbol unplugged or something. The only audio device I have in my pc, right now, is the motherboard one, but that one I just disabled on BIOS yesterday, before I installed Tascam. Even though, it still had some audio device besides Tascam, in "playback devices". Let´s see, because i just disabled that device, and now I can only see the Tascam audio interface there.

Nope... problem happened just now... unplug - plug usb again, problem solved... anyway it will happen again, and it´s just annoying :S

Back