Replacing sound card in HP pavillion question

riccol

Has anyone ever put a new soundcard in a HP Pavillion (8650c) that had an original "Riptide" card? If so were there any conflicts?
This riptide card cannot be taken out because the modem (and some other stuff I think) is hardwired into the card.
Just wondering if anyone ever dealt with a replacement in this system, and any problems you may have had.

I own an HP.....
I found out that this Riptide thing is a chip-set which is part of the Motherboard....
I think you can easily use an external card via USB and change the BIOS and driver info in Control Panels/System/Device Manager.....I have'nt done it yet though...

There are other guys here who know better though.....
I don't know how or if you can place an internal card.....
The ins and outs are wired right to the motherboard now so, I wonder myself if it would create problems....

i have a Pavillion but it doesnt have a riptide card.....you have to disable it in the BIOS, but it isnt really necessary to do so to install another card......

if you want, email me your phone # and ill try to get you up and running today or whenever you have time...i know youve been struggling awhile.....

Hey riccol, I hear through the cyber-grapevine that you're from CT. Where-a-bouts? We might be neighbors... although probably not, as most of my neighbors left as soon as I moved in... :eek: ...Check out the Jam-fest threads in the Cave. It's gonna be happening at my place this year, If you're that close, you gotta come over for at least a day of it!!! Tom.

yeah,Riccol,

and if you see this, let me know how its going with your setup......

I hope i get to go to this JammyFest myself...i dont know if im going to wear my Elmo Jammies or my ......oh, like Jam....ok....

anyway, it may be possible that ill be in Roanoake,VA somewhere around that time...how many more hours of a drive would it be from there and who am i picking up along the way?......

No problems here

I have an HP Pavilion with the Riptide installed along with a Delta 44. Both of the cards appear to work alright with no conflicts. All I have to do is chose which card I want to use in the mult-media properties box.

The Riptide in my HP is a Riptide/modem combo. I can remove it if necessary, but have not had a need to do so...

Wish I could be of more help.

I have HP Pavilion Laptop and I remember that it has no video card slot except PCI. so,I have problem when i am install a video card in the machine. then you tell me what can i do?

I have HP Pavilion Laptop and I remember that it has no video card slot except PCI. so,I have problem when i am install a video card in the machine. then you tell me what can i do?

What you can do is start a new thread with the problem in the title and not bump a 9 year old one that way you may get an answer. These guys may not even be on the forum anymore.

Back