Removing pops (help me quick please)

c9-2001

i'm in the middle of a mix right now and when i solo a track i can hear in the vocals the recording pops 2 times. i removed the pop with sonic foundry crackle remover plugins but it made the vocals sound all funny. i usually use waves plugins but i can't find the cd around to install them.

what's a good plugin to remove a pop in a recording? are there any free ones i can download? if not i might have to go pick up a copy of Waves Restoration from a store.
i have a lot of plugins so if you can name some i can search through my stuff and see if i have any

C9,

> what's a good plugin to remove a pop in a recording? <

If the pop is very brief - more like a tick than a popping P - you can get rid of it by zooming way in and dropping the volume for 1 millisecond or whatever. That is a lot less damaging to the audio than trying to have a plug-in remove it.

--Ethan

the pop is very noticeable and at high volumes its getting to me. a partner of mine said he has waves restoration bundle and that it has a good crackle and click editor. so i'm gonna try it. i just searched through my stuff and found steinberg de-clicker so i'm gonna try it also.

is it a part that gets repeated during the song/recording? if it is, and the other time it appears is not popping, just copy/paste it?

also, what i have already done with success in cases like this (though not with voice), is select a portion of the audio wave around the trouble area, and copy paste it over the popping part. it could work.

adriano

i got it :) all i needed was steinbergs de-clicker. it took all the pops out the first time around and didn't alter the sound. i hada few small pops after terning up the monitors in the adlibs but the de-clicker fixed everything. i love mixing on these mackies

Back