Votes: 34 5.4%
  • Logic Audio

Votes: 41 6.5%
  • Samplitude 24/96

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 148 23.5%

• Total voters
the best software is the one you actually sit down and learn how to use. it's easy to get distracted finding the "best" one, but they all offer the same basic capability.

Whichever one you choose I'd recommend getting some kind of guide to show the ins and outs... but there is no substitute for spending time with your s/w.

p.s. ... i use Sonar 6 and have never had any problems making it do what i want

Although I voted "Samplitude 24/96" I actually use Sequoia which is Samplitude's big brother (or Samplitude max'd out). :D

hi

Hey Guys,
I reciently purchased a Presonus Firepod along with a few other goodies and I am unsure as to which software to run with it. I have read several things in here that say they are all pretty much the same, that it is a personal taste thing, but there honestly has to be one that is better than the other. Any ideas? Thanks...

you just go with the most you're comfortable using with :)

I've been using Cakewalk Sonar for a long time. I tried nearly all the popular programs but Cakewalk was best for me. I'm in agreement with the general thrust of this thread in that there is no "right" program. The "right program is the one that works for you.

remember in the analog days there were Studer decks, Scully decks, Tascam decks etc. Great recordings were done with all of them.

Last edited:
If you don't want to take it to that level, I would start by downloading some software demos and find a program that makes sense to you. In other words, something that you can record with and not end up pulling your hair out. I've said it before but it's worth repeating: most good software programs for recording are challenging......

There is no right program for me period. The 424 and MR-8 work correctly right out of the box. No compatibility hassles, no latency, no glitches, nothing else to buy but tapes and CF cards.

Ok For the Money And easy to learn I use the follwing:

The Mac OS x GHz intel 2 duo with 3GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM I paid $1,250
Comes Free With Garage Band!!!!
For Drum Software I use Superior Drummer $299.00 (this works as a plugin in Garage band! And works great!!)
I use an External sound card for my Guitars,bass,and vocals
For the money I use the Line 6 POD Studio UX2 with POD Farm $159.00 (this works as a plugin in Garage band! And works great!!)
(Sound card plugs right into mac via usb)
Rode Microphones NT1-A Condenser $229.00 (for the money this mic works great!)
Primacoustic VoxGuard Microphone Isolation Panel $99.00 ( Helps capture Vocals )
M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitors $99.00 (sounds ok for the money and for beginners)
Your Total: $2,135
Garage Band is so easy and the plugins work great! Hope this helps

Back