Problem with Presonus Firestudio Mobile.

jonny-devo

Hi there.

My Presonus FireStudio Mobile worked well for a few months. Now there seems to be a serious issue with it.

After connecting it with my Macbook Pro, the device seems to be connected properly. After a certain time the connection seems to be interrupted. The device isn't recognized by the computer anymore, the blue light is still illuminated (normally means, the sync and connection are still on). After disconnecting and reconnecting the device still won't be detected by the computer . After waiting one hour or two, it might work again.

Once I left the FSM connected after its "Fallout" as described above, the device reconnected itself again and worked properly.

Can anyone tell me, what kind of problem this might be?

My system specs are:
Macbook Pro 15", 2,53 Ghz Core Dou, 4 GB RAM, OS-X Mavericks.

I'm a new member in this forum and I don't know if this is the right place for this thread, if not, just relocate it.

Thank you and cheers,
Jonas

[SUP][/SUP]Are you sure the cable is good?
Plug in your external PSU, just incase there's a bus power issue.

Failing that, get set up and open console (spotlight will show you). When the unit disconnects, see if any console pop up.

If there's nothing suspicious, try the FSM with another computer to rule out hardware failure.

I connected the PSU while the device is not connected to the computer. Red and blue light alternating (means that no computer is detected). After a few minutes the alternating stops and it seems the device is crashed again :(. Console doesn't show anything.

I connected the PSU while the device is not connected to the computer. Red and blue light alternating (means that no computer is detected). After a few minutes the alternating stops and it seems the device is crashed again :(. Console doesn't show anything.

Sounds more like the device is failing than anything else. I've heard of presonus being funny about drivers on OSX, but the fact that it's working for a period of time kinda rules that out.

Good suggestion from Alan there...any kind of power saving going on? Look into that and/or try the device on another computer.
Where in the world are you?

When diagnosing, Go cheapest to worst case scenarios:

Try another cable.
Think about bad socket on computer or interface, try on another computer.
After those, consider interface is failing.

It seems to be the device. even when its not connected to the computer, it freezes after 5 min :(. I've contacted the Presonus support and I'm looking forward of what they are saying. Otherwise I've to look for an other device.

Thank you very much for your help, anyway

It seems to be the device. even when its not connected to the computer, it freezes after 5 min :(. I've contacted the Presonus support and I'm looking forward of what they are saying. Otherwise I've to look for an other device.

Thank you very much for your help, anyway

How do you know it freezes if it's not connected to a computer?

Alan.

How do you know it freezes if it's not connected to a computer?

Alan.

When the FSM is connected to a 12V power supply but not to the computer, the status LED light up in alternating in red and blue, which means no computer is detected. After 5 minutes even the alternating LED freezes, which is the same symptom like when it's connected to the computer. Ergo, it seems to be a problem on the devices inside.

Back