Presonus firepod V.S Tascam Fw 1804

track pusha

I'm looking for a new soundcard and I've narrowed my choices down to the firepod and the tascam 1804. I've heard nothing but good things about the firepod, but The tascam would work with my setup better. I would just get the tascam but i've heard that it can be unstable and can just drop out. To anybody that uses or have used the tascam 1804 can you please tell me your experiences with it. And should i even bother purchasing it.

track pusha said:
I'm looking for a new soundcard and I've narrowed my choices down to the firepod and the tascam 1804. I've heard nothing but good things about the firepod, but The tascam would work with my setup better. I would just get the tascam but i've heard that it can be unstable and can just drop out. To anybody that uses or have used the tascam 1804 can you please tell me your experiences with it. And should i even bother purchasing it.

I had the same dillema just a couple months ago, I went with the 1804 (didn't want so many onboard pres) and never looked back. It has been rock solid, and I've had no stability issues with it what so ever. :)

Clit Torres said:
I had the same dillema just a couple months ago, I went with the 1804 (didn't want so many onboard pres) and never looked back. It has been rock solid, and I've had no stability issues with it what so ever. :)

Man if they had only put a ADAT interface on it I would have one so I'm still saving for the 1884.

bigwillz24 said:
Man if they had only put a ADAT interface on it I would have one so I'm still saving for the 1884.

There the same price, or are you talking about the control surface one

Back