Playback issues.

breeeeza

Senior MemBREH
i am using sony vegas for multitracking and i am using 7 differnt tracks but 2 of them hardly do anything. Playback is all fine untill when i get to about 15 seconds in when the sound 'crashes' or just goes 'brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.'
however vegas thinks it is playing fine and the line still goes accross the screen but after doing this for about 2 seconds the line goes back to where the 'brrrrrrr' started and it plays it correctly. It has only just done this today and its really annoying. Could it be that i changed it to 24 bit 96 khz where as i normally use 24bit 44 Khz.

Is this down to a lack of RAM as that is the only 'bad' bit about my computer, 512 MB ram.

Please help :confused:
Cheers

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that changing from 24bit/44kHz to 24bit/96kHz caused this to occur. I would try to convert those tracks to 44kHZ, import them in a session at 24/44 and see if the problem still occurs. If it does NOT, you can trouble shoot why up-ing your sample rate made this occur. Like you said, the 512 MB probably plays a role in it.

Last edited:
Back