• PC

14 56.00%
  • Mac

11 44.00%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: PC vs. Mac (hahaha)

wheelema is offline Boner-obo
    Sign in to disable this ad
    For me it's a question of math. If I want to purchase A, B, C, and D with X amount of money then paying too much for A means that I'm not going to be able to swing C, and D. I'm dropping approx. $5K worth of gear on my daughter's studio. If 1/5th of that went to flush out Apple's bottom line then there would be some serious holes elsewhere.

And the issue isn't whether or not IBM PC compats need to be 'optimized'... I've never optimized shit. It's simply that the IBM PC compat universe is wide open so people fiddle. Apple is a closed garden that doesn't empower you to 'optimize'.

kcearl is offline I see deaf people
    I have pretty much everything Apple have come out with, but i only use PCs and ipads for music...for the price the performance is just not there, my PC rig kills my imac, my laptop kills my macbooks, hell even my sony mp3 players less hassle than itunes

I replaced my macbookpro with a sony viao...its was way cheaper and way more powerful...and when i kill it, or it becomes obsolete, itll hurt a lot less replacing it

Not saying theyre not rock solid most of the time, but if you dont mind some setting up, and/or troubleshooting, then theres way more bang for your buck in PCs

One more thing, how long has mountain lion been out yet some manufacturers still havent updated their drivers, i couldnt get my Air to recognise my usb hub or midisport...Win7 is solid and if its supported as long as XP then im happy..apple change OS way too often I reckon

fetuslasvegas is offline Señor Member
    There is a reason that things are cheaper for PCs. Sure you could build a PC with the same specs as any MacPro, as in same processor speed, amount of ram, etc... and the Mac will out perform the PC every time. The reason Macs cost more is because they use top of the line, non consumer grade hardware. Sure you can build a PC with the same grade hardware, and it will cost you the same as a Mac.
    MacPro 8 core,Ableton Suite 8,Samsung SyncMaster S24B30BL,JBL LSR2325P,AKG K240 Studio,Mackie ONYX Blackjack,Blue Snowball,Numark PT-01,Akai APC40,M-Audio Oxygen25,Akai MPD16

Steenamaroo is offline Honorary Old Fart.
    Not really that useful or relevant, but the build quality on apple products is ridiculous.

I totally get that it doesn't merit the price difference, but personally I'd pay the extra money for that nice noise the MBP makes when you shut the lid.
    Pete Gardiner's Youtube Channel <- It's brand new! Please subscribe!
    Free mp3s - Pete Gardiner

Quote Originally Posted by Steenamaroo View Post
    Not really that useful or relevant, but the build quality on apple products is ridiculous.

I totally get that it doesn't merit the price difference, but personally I'd pay the extra money for that nice noise the MBP makes when you shut the lid.
    How is build quality not useful or relevant?? This whole thread is ridiculous, the PC peeps can keep their Fiero with the Lambo body kit, I'll keep the Lamborghini...

Also, about the price difference see my above post...
    MacPro 8 core,Ableton Suite 8,Samsung SyncMaster S24B30BL,JBL LSR2325P,AKG K240 Studio,Mackie ONYX Blackjack,Blue Snowball,Numark PT-01,Akai APC40,M-Audio Oxygen25,Akai MPD16

jimmys69 is offline Moderator with long hair
    LOL! This never get old...Wait, yeah it did.
    PC Win7-64-16G i7-2600/Cubase 5-6-7 32 bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/KRK G2-8/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne Editor/Lava Lamp/Big mean dog

http://www.stricklerstudio.com

jonny deep is offline Disappointing Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fetuslasvegas View Post
    Also, about the price difference see my above post...
    But what you said there was incorrect. You can build a PC with the same components (better, even) for way cheaper than Macs are sold for, as I did with my Hackintosh that would have cost more than double for the same spec from Apple. Of course it's cheaper when you buy the parts and put in the labour yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    You can't layer shit with another layer of shit and expect it to sound like anything other than multiple layers of shit

jimmys69 is offline Moderator with long hair
    And by the way, I have driven a Fiero and a Ferrari. No Lambo tho. It costs about 5 grand a year, just to keep the value of a Ferrari. I would surely take the Fiero back and forth to work, cuz I would be less likely to crash it.

Most cant afford the luxury of a mac, nor have the desire to. Arrogance that you can, is well, just kind of rude on this forum IMO. To say it is overall better, is just more arrogance of a happy user. Enjoy your expensive limitations.

I must add, that I am just feeding fire for fun. I could really care less. And I am not discounting your opinion either fetus. I like you.
    PC Win7-64-16G i7-2600/Cubase 5-6-7 32 bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/KRK G2-8/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne Editor/Lava Lamp/Big mean dog

http://www.stricklerstudio.com

Chili is offline Site Moderator
    ... And also, your bicycle is not a motor vehicle, get off the road, or buy a car. Oh yeah, you can't afford a car, cuz you wasted an extra $2G on a PC with the Apple logo.....
    I stopped reading the thread right there. So off topic, yet so to the point.

And by the way, I have driven a Fiero and a Ferrari. No Lambo tho. It costs about 5 grand a year, just to keep the value of a Ferrari. I would surely take the Fiero back and forth to work, cuz I would be less likely to crash it.

Most cant afford the luxury of a mac, nor have the desire to. Arrogance that you can, is well, just kind of rude on this forum IMO. To say it is overall better, is just more arrogance of a happy user. Enjoy your expensive limitations.

I must add, that I am just feeding fire for fun. I could really care less. And I am not discounting your opinion either fetus. I like you.
    HAHAHA!!! Thanks I got that, but it is important to add, as sarcasm and dry humor get lost in typing translation... Never had the joys of a Ferrari, which was actually the comparison I was going to use, but have driven a Lambo... Very unstable under about 50-80 mph.

Back to the discussion though, to compare building a computer yourself to a professionally built computer sold retail, whether it is price wise, build quality, or any other comparison isn't comparing apples to apples (hahahaha!!!!) If you were to compare a PRODUCTION PC, with SERVER GRADE not CONSUMER GRADE components to a PRODUCTION Mac, you would have two similar machines at nearly the same price point, in two very different cases. Now, if you want to compare what you can build on your own, whether it be Mac or PC, again, same machine, same price point. Arguing that would be retarded as those are facts. The point where everything goes to shit is when each of the computers boots up to either windows or OSX, thus the birth of the hackintosh... It really depends on which operating system you want to run at the end of the day. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a demo of a dope ass VST and googled it ready for download only to find out it is PC only. That being said, I will still never go back to PC, not even as a second machine. Nor will I pollute my Mac by making it a dual boot system, as they have now developed cross over virus'.

I would however, build a hackintosh as a dual boot if I ever find a VST or program that I must have and is PC only...

Anyway, let the argument continue, I will come back to this later... have to get back to the desk reconfiguration... (stupid distracting forum!!!)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information