output channel problem

aiterum

I am currently using an e-mu 0404. It's been working since I've got it until last night. The right channel output has started to give a much weaker signal than that of the left channel, and I've ruled out the reciver mixer and cords. Any advice?

just for kicks...can you tell us how you rulled them out??? Also...what other gear are you using?

Currently my set-up is the 0404 card has the two outputs going into a ub1222fx mixer, which is using the main out into a reciever that is hooked up to two small jbl studio monitors.

The reciver and the speakers are fine because if I switch it to radio which isn't coming through my computer both speakers work normally. I have second mixer which is an old peavy and plugged the outputs into that mixer and it still the same problem. The incoming signal is normal on the left side, but barely anything is coming out on the right side. Switched cords with new cords and still does same thing, so it isn't a bad cord either.

im not familiar with that card but most cards are fairly similar in their settings and control panels and such. first, i would check the output settings of both channels and make sure they are both set to the same level. On my card i can set all 8 outputs to different levels. To monitor, I use outputs one and two as a stereo pair and if channel one is all the way up and channel 2 is half way up..then i would have the same problem you are having. Next...i know you said you changed your cables...did you change EVERY cable? the ones from your sound card to the mixer as well as the ones from the mixer to the monitors? Do the LEDs on your mixer seem to light up evenly? is one channel not recieving the same signal as the other?

Where exactly do you have this under the control panel. The only thing I can think of is is under the sound and audio devices thing, where you can set "speaker volume."

areyousure.jpg

I'm wondering if there should be more than one output on the there, because the card does two outputs, left and right. It's only reading left, which currently is the channel that is working.

The only cable that I haven't switched is the breakout analog cable, because I don't have another one. As for the LEDs, on the mixer, it will show the left channel at 3 lights up, but the right chanel is barely making one.

Back