New sytem advice

riccol

I have had my current setup for about 4 years and very happy with it.
However I will be moving in a few months with a nice little office area I can fully dedicate to my home studio ---so I will treat myself to a new fully dedicated DAW.

I have been using for the four years the Audiophile 24/96 card and as I said happy with it. I have no need for multiple I/O's since I do everything a track or two at at time. (Strictly hobby suff)
I do no MIDI. All Acoustic, electric guitar and bass, and guitar synth stuff.
Simple setup, couple of VTB1's --- FMR RNC Compressor. --Few basic mics ---LDC and couple of Octava MK-012's Pod and J-station --- and a Roland GR-20 guitar synth. Behringer Truth monitors, --- and oh yea -- pretty much use ntrack software -- have a few others but just got use to it and very happy.
Oh yea -- one other question --- is firewire or usb and option? Don't need any mobility

What I'm trying to decide is whether to stay with the audiophile 24/96 card - or go to another card. Would not mind spending more on a card with more I/O' even if I don't need them if it upgraded my sound quality. Considered the E-MU 0404 -- however the 1212 says it has different converters, the price diff is no problem, but is it worth it?
Then again some cards come with pre-'s, --again opinions requested.
Would not mind spending $350-$400 on a new card if the quality in sound was an upgrade from my 24/96

Last edited:
Back