Need Help ASAP... is this a scam?

borntoplease

okay... so here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56049&item=5172318938&rd=1

this computer would cost well over 10k dollars... and he says if i buy in the next 12 hours it will only cost 1500 usd? huh? so i emailed him, and i got an automated reply as follows:

HI
First I want to tell you that my power mac and cd are brand new, unopened box
all accessories included and also an 3 year apple care and international warranty.
My price is the best you could get: 1500USD(not euro), including the
shipping and insurance taxes. We will pay them because the package
will be delivered from Europe.
As delivery service we use UPS2days air service or overnight (with insurance and
15 days return policy), because it's the faster. And if you will have
a quick payment, we must also have a quick delivery. So that's why we
use as a payment method Western Union money transfer, the fastest and
also very secure way of sending money. I just open a electronics company here in europe
If i will make with you a good deal,you will recommend me ,maybe ,to your friends or to other persons.For me it is very important to have permanent deals on ebay,
any negatice deal will not make good to me,That explain the price
So, if you agree with my terms I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.
Waiting your quick answer right now,

THANK YOU

so this guy is shipping from europe? what? this has to be a scam right? his feedback is 100% though... im confused!!

when in doubt...spit it out. ignore this. he may have a 100% rating but i dont see the point in opening up a store in europe and then selling it to american customers when I'm assuming hes from america anyway. i wouldnt buy it. and the whole thing about if you buy it 12 hours from now?....jeez. he wants $1500 USD but its being shipped from europe and he wants it in 12 hours. he didnt even take the time to setup the "pay it now" for $1500 USD. the only thing missing is someone claiming they're from africa....but i wouldnt put it past them. take your $1500 and spend it on the american economy...strippers need lovin too. :D

Yep, and if you check the items sold in his feedback it's mainly vintage US baseball cards. Kind of a wierd shift in product.

OOOOOOOOH hey look at the people that have bought crap from him...it seems to be nothing but baseball cards and coins....and he jumps to computers? i wonder if someone hacked his sign on.

well i got one of those mailer daemon things saying his mailbox is over quota (its full) so i definitely believe this to be a screw job.

distortedrumble said:
well well well! he was hacked...ebay killed the link
It's good to see that they are on top of things like that.... I wonder if they are going to kill all the used panty links too? :D

im glad i didnt get sucked in. for about a 1/2 second i thought, holy shit... but then, when i calculated the cost of the computer at being around 11,000 dollars, i knew it had to be a scam.
thanks guys for the help.

Rokket said:
It's good to see that they are on top of things like that.... I wonder if they are going to kill all the used panty links too? :D
used panties!!!? jeezus. i remember seeing something on tv about crap like that. they take a normal pair of panties and drop a dab of tunafish juice and a smidge of tabasco on a pair and toss it in a glad bag. and people buy that stuff......guess they still buy it......

distortedrumble said:
used panties!!!? jeezus. i remember seeing something on tv about crap like that. they take a normal pair of panties and drop a dab of tunafish juice and a smidge of tabasco on a pair and toss it in a glad bag. and people buy that stuff......guess they still buy it......
I don't see it myself. I don't even touch my wife's used ones... But I may be the oddnut...

Before this thread degenerates any further...;)

Another giveaway that it was a scam was his use of Western Union. I would NEVER pay anyone I didn't trust implicitly through Western Union. Not only is it expensive, you will have absolutely NO recourse or protection should the transaction go south. As someone who was burned by a scammer who insisted on WU (he told me that his partner had messed up his Paypal account and we couldn't use it until things got straightened out), I learned my lesson. Even WU warns you to not send money to anyone you aren't sure is legitimate.

Ted

yeah i pretty much assumed western union was a friends/family monetary transfer...I'm happy i havent gotten scamed yet but as they get smarter, I'm sure I'll fall victim one of these days

I hope you never do. I lost $900.00 in an attempt to get my DPS24. The guy scammed a lot of people, though I think I lost the most. :(

The good news is that I didn't let him get away with it. I immediately contacted the local police where he lives and rounded up as many other victims as I could. He was prosecuted and convicted of fraud. I don't know if I'll ever see my money- it's been over a year- but at least he's been stopped.

For what it's worth, I've seen other people following a very similar MO. They offer an item for a reasonable price, it's not WAY below market, but it's a good price. My guy even had a photo- a legitmate one no less. Once you make the deal, then the excuses begin, like the aforementioned Paypal nonsense. Normally, I would have been suspicious, but we had been e-mailing back and forth discussing music and such so I felt like we had a little trust built up. Once cash has been sent. Then the stories really get wild. He kept insisting that he had shipped it but hadn't gotten the tracking number because he went to the UPS store and all they gave him was some reference number or something. This keeps up. One excuse after another. I'm not sure if they think you'll just give up or what, but I decided pretty quickly that his story didn't add up and contacted the police. Boy, was he pissed when they showed up at his door! lol After doing some due diligence (which I should have done beforehand), I started finding a bunch of other people who were in the same boat as me. Some of them had been strung along for months!

Ted

What a crock, 2nd day air or next day from Europe ha ha ha ha ha yeah right. Its already the next day hear in the US.
PLus you then need to pay taxesupon import.

Damn scammers... :mad:

Back