Nasty "humm" noise

one

Hi
As you can tell i am having a few feedback problems when i "link" my system up.

Firstly i am a novice, and my setup is..

PC 500mhz (intel)
Yamaha SW1000G
Beringer MX1604a (12 chans)

I have from my LR output on my SW1000G going to a STEREO LINE IN on my mixing desk. (2 x Minijack --> 2 x 1/4 Jacks)

On my mixing desk from ALT OUTPUT to the INPUT on my SW1000G (2 x 1/4 Jacks going to 1 x Stereo Minijack)

Whenever i connect all the above i get a really annoying loud "hmmmmmmm" noise which obviously stops me recording!

If i remove either end of connections (ie on the mixing desk in or the mixing desk out) the noise goes away.

So i can record to my PC if the output is disconnected, i just can't if both are connected! (the noise is far to "noisey")

Oh - from my MAIN OUTPUT on my mixing desk i have that to my monitors.

How can i get rid of that "humm"? any ideas would be great

If i have missed off any important information please don't hesitate to ask me for it!

My beringer mixing desk was a german import so it therefore uses a "2 pin plug" (no earth) - would this be causing a problem?

Thanks in advance!!

Oliver Cookson

yeh - but i tried all those methods and still no joy :(

Thanks for the help - but i asked a "follow on" question..

"My beringer mixing desk was a german import so it therefore uses a "2 pin plug" (no earth) - would this be causing a problem?"

I just wonder if this could be the problem.

thanks!

have you tried disabling the line in in audio properties?(not recording but playback)....i think that would stop the feedback but it would mean you'd need something hooked into the control room out to hear what youre doing...if i'm wrong will someone let me know?

Back