My USB interface makes everything sound bad

Dan1832

I bought an M-Track Plus interface a few months ago, and I had been using it with garageband on a mac for some casual recording. I was using the mac built-in output instead of the interface output, and the sound was decent.

Recently I switched over to pro-tools express (came with the interface) which forces you to use the actual interface as an output, and my voice, my guitar and my nord all sound nasty when played through it. The main reason I switched over was so I could use omnisphere in Pro-Tools.

Could it be that the headphones output is lower quality sounding than the main stereo output? I'm not able to use the stereo output since I don't have the cable to connect to speakers. If I convert to a wav and then play that through the built in it sounds fine, but then that means I can't use the interface live.

Ideas?

Your headphone output is stereo and should be the same quality. Don't use PT so I don't know what Omnisphere is. I don't understand your question. Are you listening through speakers or headphones?

Make sure the drivers are up to date, also Unplug USB then plug back in. Never let your computer go to standby with USB still plugged in.

You should go to the official forum. I had one of the units for a while and there is versions of OSX that aren't supported but I'm not sure what as I don't use OSX.

Back