my empty cup

HearClear

I know nothing about computer recording. I want my 16 track adat studio to be mixed on my new computer. all i know is that the main outs of my board have to go into something in the computer. this is some stuff my computer has-
pentium 3 1Ghz
256 MB, SDRAM, 1DIMM
40GB Hard Drive
windows me
12x/8x/32x cd-rw drive
I want my computer to be my 2- track mix down unit to cd.
I can spend $500.
THANK YOU
Adam

Ok,

help me here....do u want to mix on the computer or mixdown to the computer?.....does your mixing board have analog or digital outs?.....

analog outs (alesis studio 32).
I want to mix down on to the computer then burn it to disc.
like adat to dat to cd. accept my equation is adat to computer to cd. I will use my analog board and outboard gear to mix the adat signles, those mixed tracks will go to computer for me to master. then i want to burn the master to cd. This is what I want,
can it be done? If so what do I need to get.
Thank You
Adam

yes u can do this....just hook up the main outs to the line input of your soundcard....you can do it with the soundcard that your computer has now to experiment or you could go with a better card.....Delta Audiophile goes for $159 and is a decent card.....a step up would be a LynxOne for about $450......

you can record with Goldwave from www.goldwave.com .....

The Mia is pretty close feature-wise to the Audiophile , but its (Mia)inputs/outputs are balanced....Audiophile goes for $159 and Mia for $199....

The version of Cool Edit Pro it comes with is limited and has no effects, so even though you can record with it, it wont do you much good past that....dont put that in the plus column.....

it will come down to whether on not balanced jacks are important to you....

What kind of software do I need to buy for the m audiophile 2496?
Soundforge? Cool edit pro?
Thank you so much for all your time and info.
Adam

you can start off with Goldwave at the link I posted...itspretty much free and has lots of features...you can also do SoundForge, CoolEdit 96, many many low $$$ options.....

Back