Musicians! Enhacing Hi-88mm tracts with Jammerpro?

highlander9

Gentlemen: Iam relatively new and unfotuneately, unwhat inept, with respect to functional use of the "cutting-edge" of the technologies involved in recording....I have a band that has recorded some original songs using (2) Tascam Da-88's tied together to glean 16 tracts....My question is this: I would like to further enhance these tunes with use of Jammerpro/Cakewalk software....is this possible?....what equipment (e.g. interfaces & software)do I need to take this tape (or disc....I have a disc of the songs produced by a friend) of multitracts of (2) guitars; bass; drums; and vocals....and put them into my computer so that I could further enhance their quality by: cleaning up timing; adding brass; more voice or other effects, etc. with Jammerpro/Cakewalk software. Is this ambition possible? How do you do it?

highlander9,

You mean "tracks" -- "tracts" are parcels of land, or the brochures that religious fanatics try to give to you at the bus terminal...

One thing you can do is synch a computer running Cakewalk or whatever to the DA-88. If you have enough mixer channels you can then have almsot as many extra tracks as you might wish, depending on how much you're willing to spend on hardware. Or even take a stereo submix out of the computer and mix it along with the DA-88 tracks. I'm sure the manual tells you how to do this, and isn't there also an ADAT or Tascam MDM forum here at homerecording.com? That might be a better place.

-AlChuck

Back