Music Making with a Computer for Dummies

I have not nailed a brand just yet, been looking at gaming computers. I just want the 8BG,1TB, and i7. trying to keep it around 500 bucks.

I have not nailed a brand just yet, been looking at gaming computers. I just want the 8BG,1TB, and i7. trying to keep it around 500 bucks.

I am likely not the one to offer advice for commercially built PC's as I have tried a few over the years, and built 3 systems myself. Each had their own problems and issues.

I have a spent $500+ just resolving issues by tech services for my 'recording' PC's...

That does not mean that you can't get a usable pre-built system that will do what you wish. It just takes understanding of what you actually need. That is a tough question to answer by yourself or anyone else until you actually know what that is...

I only suggest you take the time to research before you purchase. Then, when you find you have issues, take the time to find out why.

Again, this all depends on what your needs are.

Sorry I can't be more helpful...

Why would you want to make music with a computer for dummies? I use a mac, it's made for geniuses. . . who make minimum wage. *sorry, couldn't resist* ummmmmmm cool article.

Quick question from me, I am running Sony Vegas 8.O on a Pentium 4 3.0 windows xp, am looking at the Behringer U-phoria UMC404HD interface. If I just plug the Behringer via USB into my computers USB port is Vegas automatically going to recognize it and allow me to assign and arm tracks for recording on my computer. Until now I have tracked on a Tascam 2488 and transferred the .wav files to Vegas for mixing but I figure if I can eliminate that step why not for 99.00 Thanks.

Hi Songsj.

You might get more hits if you make a new thread in the digital recording/computers section. Is thread is pretty old.

To answer your question, though, if the Behringer is installed and your operating system recognises it then, yes, Vegas should recognise it too.
You might have to go in to the device settings in Vegas and choose the Behringer at first but, yeah...it should be available.

Back