Multiple M-Audio Delta card question

Warwick720

Hello!

I've been running the M-Audio Delta 66 card for a while, and recently learned it was possible to expand the setup with another Delta card, so I purchased the Delta 1010 card and breakout box. I am aware they are connected by spdif. When I opened my computer to install the 1010 soundcard, I realized there's only 1 PCI slot on my computer! Do they both even need to be connected, or does the second communicate with the computer via the first card? If so, is there some kind of adapter I can use?

Thanks in advance for your advice. Much appreciated.

Preston

Hello!

I've been running the M-Audio Delta 66 card for a while, and recently learned it was possible to expand the setup with another Delta card, so I purchased the Delta 1010 card and breakout box. I am aware they are connected by spdif. When I opened my computer to install the 1010 soundcard, I realized there's only 1 PCI slot on my computer! Do they both even need to be connected, or does the second communicate with the computer via the first card? If so, is there some kind of adapter I can use?

Thanks in advance for your advice. Much appreciated.

Preston

First, the card is going to get power from the slot. Without power, it can't function. Even with SPDIF, it is still an AD/DA conversion. Secondly, my understanding, it actually expands the recognized inputs (I assume the drive knows how to get the two to work together) so that it sync internally.

Now, with that said, here is something that might work. 2-slot-pci-expansion-riser-card

I've never tried it, but it looks like is is just a slot pass through that connect to the original slot. Pretty simple, you could try it and see if it will work for you.

Back