moving partitions to another drive..

Eddie N

10 Inch Member
well.. i tried doing it with partition magic.. all was well .. i moved one fat32 partition with win98 on it , and one nfts partition with win2k on it.. windows 98 booted fine , and 2k booted fine off the other drive..

i was happy..i thought i did the right thing.. THEN , i went back to reformat the original hard drive but Partition magic was telling me that the drive was bad.. i didnt mind too much , since i was deleting the partitions and such anyway.. so then , i went in with fdisk , and reformatted the drive since PM wouldnt let me.. i booted up windows 98 fine but 2k gave me some flack about a missing page file and wouldnt let me boot.. needless to say everything snowballed from there.. i then set the windows 2k partition as the active partition , and the sucker stop booting completely (i know , dumb move).. i then went back in with fdisk to try and set the windows 98 partition active but fdisk didnt see the partition at all..

i lost everything..had to start all over again.. im back up and running now though , but i just want to know for future reference , how would i go about moving partitions to another hard drive and keeping everything intact?

thanks..
- eddie -

Back