Master Recording problems on the DP-24

Drew808

Hi all,

I have tried contacting Tascam directly, but with no joy yet, so hopefully someone on here may be able to help me with a problem that I have with the DP-24.
I have owned the unit for about a year and a half... recorded some great stuff, burnt to disc etc,etc. However, following the recording sequence I have always used, when I now insert the cd, and go to master write... it comes up with the message " NO MASTER FILE FOUND" Yet I have recorded the songs as I have always done..never with any issues.
1. Do you think it could be a faulty SD card ?
2. Has anyone had this happen to them ? What did you do to fix it ?
3. I have re-booted the recorder back to factory default, but still with no joy.

Help !

Thanks

Have you transferred the "Song" file to your PC via USB? You can then open that file to see if your master is in there. You should be able to "play" it since it's a wav file. (see your user manual for directions) If it's not there you have not completed the mastering step. I have had that happen to me.....thought i had made a master and had not. Also..........have you updated to the latest operating system version recently? Perhaps something went wrong. Have you recently changed to a new SD card? Are you using a different type of CD to record to? I had a problem with an incompatible CD once.

Thanks for the answer. I have not changed any process, I recorded to the master record function as normal, a process which I have been doing for 2 years now, this is the first time I have had this issue. I am going to try a new sd card tonight, see if that helps, and yes I will update to the latest operating system. Just very strange as I recorded and burnt to cd last week...with no issues at all. Thanks for your help though.

Thanks for the answer. I have not changed any process, I recorded to the master record function as normal, a process which I have been doing for 2 years now, this is the first time I have had this issue. I am going to try a new sd card tonight, see if that helps, and yes I will update to the latest operating system. Just very strange as I recorded and burnt to cd last week...with no issues at all. Thanks for your help though.

Don't forget to check in the "SONG" folder of that song to see if your master wav file might be there. You can see it via USB or by putting the card into a port in your PC. To me......that would be a sure way to know if the master is actually ready to go. If it's there and your DP-24 doesn't see it I'd have to suspect the card first. If it's not there and you're sure you completed the recording step of the master process.......well......your guess is as good as mine. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Back