MACKIE onyx mixer owners.. NEED PRO TOOLS MP8 DRIVER.. please help

supernova777

just got off the phone with mackie,

after months of rejigging furniture, and ordering accessories + cables.. i finally got my imac hooked up, installed my m-powered 8 intel version,, went to start it up and "UNABLE TO LOCATE HARDWARE" error..

i called mackie.. they tell me the driver was licensed from AVID and that AVID revoked their legal rights to distribute the driver with the release of PT9 and that i have to fork out 350$ more to upgrade to PT9 to use my mixer..
when the whole reason i bought the mixer + PT MP8 was so i could use them together..
i paid like 900+$ for the mixer and 250$+ for PT MP8..
and i cant use it without a stupid driver....

ive emailed avid.. but given my experience with avid.. i know thye are going to make this dificult and long drawn out.... maybe offer me money off upgrading but they will definately first suggest that i upgrade..

please someone out there has this 1mb file on their computer that i desperately need. the guys at mackie said if i had of downloaded the driver before they took it down id be ok..
please someone i really need help i need this driver.. Please please please

why is the audio industry such a pain in the freakin ass

Sorry to say this is the main reason I avoid anything to do with pro tools. Once Protools has its claws in you thats it, it will keep clawing.

I am sure someone out there will help you out.

Alan.

Any luck on the drivers? I'm in exactly the same boat - I bought my Mackie Onyx 1620i last September specifically because it was listed as being compatible with my Protools 8 M-powered. I was (and still am) using a Profire 2626, but wanted the extra versatility of the Mackie. Because of the holidays, moving and gigs I just never got a chance to hook it all up until last week, when I discovered the news that Avid had pulled the drivers. I'm running it on an iMac that's also not listed on the "official" approved computers for PR10/11 because it's an early 2009 (the cut off for approval of the iMacs on the new Protools is "late 2009". So I can't even pay the extra $400 to crossgrade from PT8 to PT10 and know that it will work!

No response from Avid. Mackie was quick to response with a "sorry - you're S.O.L." and blame Avid.

Anybody out there that can share drivers for us that have been taken by Avid would certainly be appreciated!

the driver will never be available via mackie ever again due to legal reasons
was available for a limited time only
im still looking to find a copy of this driver
i would be willing to pay cash to anyone who could help me find a working copy of this driver its worth $50 to me .. if u have the driver please send me a pm

Back