Mackie Onyx Blackbird firewire not detecting all inputs

kaieamakoa

Hey everyone,

I'm glad i found this forum. Very informative. This is my first thread posting so if this is a repeat question, my apologies.

I have 2 mackie onyx blackbirds 16x16 set up via firewire/ADAT cables. However, when I open my DAW, it does not list all of my I/O. it only says channels 1 and 2 are enabled. It doesn't list any of the other channels as enabled/disabled. No detection at all. I have all of the updated drivers and this computer is a brand new custom made computer just for my studio.

Funny thing is, I also have an Alesis Multimix8 firewire mixer, and when I use that instead of the blackbirds, it does the same thing. Only channels 1 and 2 are enabled.

Any ideas??

Thanks and Mahalos!!

Kaieamakoa

That usually happens when your DAW is set to use either old windows MME drivers or windows direct sound drivers, try setting your DAW to use ASIO drivers instead.

I did see the option to change sound drivers as I was searching through the settings....wasn't sure if that might be an option. I'll try changing sound drivers then check if I can assign a range for I/O. thanks guys.

Back