Mackie 1202-VLZ4: need advice how to properly connect it to PC, mic & make recording

01G

Mackie 1202-VLZ4: need advice how to properly connect it to PC, mic & make recording

Hi folks!
I need some help.
I've just received my new Mackie 1202-VLZ4.
I've got three questions, please provide me a full qualified respond:
1). My audio card has two outs (L&R) which are connected to Line 5-6 channels. The meters doesn't show anything. When I press the SOLO button at 5-6 channel the meter shows only the input from the right channel, the left channel's LED's doesn't blink. Why does only the right channel's LEDs blink?
2). During mixing I want to route the signal to audio card inputs in order to record it. It should be connected to 'Tape out' ? In such way the card always receives the signal while it should be muted once I will need it. How it could be done properly?

3). How to record the selected channel/channels in proper way? Lets say I will record the guitar with mic which is connected the XLR input of mixer.
I'd to send the backing track to headphones, no sound must come out from the main mix. The main mix sends the sound to monitors.
The selected channel with engaged "Input echo" button in DAW should also send the miced sound to headphones.
Only guitar sound must be recorded, not the whole mix.

Looking for a reply
Thank you!

P.S. I've reconnected everything as shown here: http://mackie.com/downloads/VLZ4/manuals/1202VLZ4_OM.pdf
on page 6.
Audio card's Inputs to Tape inputs, Alt3-4 to card's inputs. As I think I'm on the right way, but the one problem left: if headphones are plugged to mixer they couldn't be muted once playing the signal. They are always on.
The signal is controlled by CR/Submix and Main Mix together. Turning main mix down - the monitors, which are connected to main out are muted. Once I turn down Submix the whole sound disappears, as it should.
The 'Tape' and 'Assign to mix' buttons are pressed.

Last edited:
Back