M Audio Delta control panel

spacedye

Vest
ok, if you didnt look at my omnistudio problem post, its ok because my real problem lies within the M Audio Control Panel.
i cannot seem to figure out how to record my drum machine on track 1, and my keyboard on track 2........ i know how to do it using my sonar, but within those 2 programs lies the problems.
can anyone explain to me in plain english how to do this sort of thing? ive never felt so stupid in my life until i ran into this thing.....

plug one into inputs 1 and 2, and the other into inputs 3 and 4.....set your software to record track 1 from HW 1,2 and track 2 from HW 3,4....make sure under Monitor Mixer nothing is muted and the faders are up....under patchbay/router, hw 1,2 set to monitor mixer and your monitors should use outputs 1 and 2....

THANK YOU!!!

Once again, I thank you for your expertise. i think this may just work out after all. i honestly just could not figure it out.
in fact, the people at M Audio told me that i could only record a maximum of 4 tracks. i found that tech support person i spoke to to be very not helpfull.
anyhow, thank you again Gidge.....

L/R channels

ok, new problem.
now when i am using whatever is plugged into inputs 1 and 2 and recording to sonar, or when i am just using the instruments without recording, everything comes out of the left channel only. everything that i can see is panned to center. i dont see anything that is panned L or R.
i hate this system. its very depressing. all i really wanted was to be able to plug in more than 1 instrument at a time. i didnt want any new software to have to use. just 4 inputs is all i needed.
are there any soundcards that have 4 inputs that dont use special software?

Ok, I assume that you know that for stereo operation you need to have two cords going into your amp or headphone amp.

If that is not the cause, make sure that you have stereo gang on in the delta control panel.

Now look at the pan sliders in the control panel, make sure that 1 is all the way left and that 2 is all the way right.

Does this help.

Have you tried playing without going through sonar? what happens?

ok, yes, i know about the 2 wires for stereo. but that isnt the problem. also, nowhere on the delta control panel does it say "stereo gang", it says stereo link. even the book says stereo gang and i dont see it anywhere.
if i dont have sonar open, i hear nothing from the drum machine, whivch is plugged into aux ins 1. my keyboard is in aux ins 2. the buttons are pressed in on the back of the omnistudio. if i unpress them, the sound is louder and comes out of the other speaker. it is showing that it is receiving a signal only in the left channel on the omni, h/w in 1/2 and wav out 1/2. master volume, it shows stereo output signal, but i cant center anything to 0, only +4 or -4. i dont know why.... the stereo link box is checked in the master volume section of the control panel.
right now, i hear my drum machine and my keyboard from the left channel only.
patchbay router h/w out 1/2 is checked on wav out 1/2 and h/w out 3/4 is checked on h/w in 3/4.
i dont have much volume control from my instruments either. they only increase in volume a small percent.

hi,

ok. Did you see the pan sliders that I am talking about?

stereo link is an updated driver version. It means the same thing as stereo gang.

Set hw 1/2 to monitor mixer if it allows you to. That should allow you to hear your drum machine without any program running.

OK. Find the pan slider. I am pretty sure that you problem lies there. Slide out one all to the left and 2 all to the right. As someone mentioned. Make sure that they are both unmuted.

Do you have the levels set the same on the inputs? make sure they are both either at -10 or +4

DOes anything help?

Back