looking for a new interface, any suggestions?

Nathan1984

I am in the market for a new interface, i am thinking focusrite pro 24 or 40, or presonus firestudio. I don't really need 8 pre's but it would be nice in case I ever record a band some day. I just want to know peoples opinions on sound quality, build quality, and such. Love to hear you guys' opinions on this. If there is anything else better out there?

If your looking for something inexpensive and has great quality, look at the TASCAM US-1800. Tascam also makes smaller units as well. Ive had it for a year now. Comes with plenty of inputs (even if u dont need em) without burning your wallet. Ive been using it for a while and have recorded a few bands with it. Works great in my opinion.

I use a pair of Presonus Firestudios (the 26x26 input one) and a Presonus Digimax FS for location recording. Works quite well, although I've never needed to use them all at once, usually only requiring about 15 channels or so at a time. I like the units, but their service is not that good if there are problems. Soon I'm actually going to want to sell one of the Firestudios and purchase another Digimax FS. It's simply easier with that combination.

If your looking for something inexpensive and has great quality, look at the TASCAM US-1800. Tascam also makes smaller units as well. Ive had it for a year now. Comes with plenty of inputs (even if u dont need em) without burning your wallet. Ive been using it for a while and have recorded a few bands with it. Works great in my opinion.

this will be a good buy!! i have the tascam 1641 (the 1800 older version) and never had a problem with it. i have only ever needed to mic a drum kit at any one time and this bit of kit does it nicely and it records a decent quality (24bit/96khz)

Back