Logic Pro 9 System overload error 10011

BGT

My project stops playing after a few measures (System overload..The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time. error # 10011) Normally this just happens a few times and it eventually gets past the problem but for this last project it stops in the same spot and will not allow me to continue recording. I only have 20 tracks; 10 sample 10 audio. Samples are on the imac hardrive; Audio files are on an external hardrive: Seagate turbo 7200. What can I do to get past this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Have you tried "freezing" tracks? It might work for you, because you could be taxing the system using too many plugins at once. What I've found take a lot of processing power is any kind of flex editting. So, I'll bounce tracks, which I flex edit.

Have you tried "freezing" tracks? It might work for you, because you could be taxing the system using too many plugins at once. What I've found take a lot of processing power is any kind of flex editting. So, I'll bounce tracks, which I flex edit.

I haven't tried Freezing Tracks. I'm using a compressor and a reverb plug in on some other sessions but this particular session I was just tracking some lead vox in.

Many of my sessions will freez up when I first start them but they eventually "catch up" and no more problems; so I am wondering why on this session it will freez in the same area almost every time and not "catch up". As I said before, the midi instrument tracks are on the internal hard drive and all the audio samples are on an external hard drive. We still haven't stomped the problem yet. I really appreciate the responses...Keep em' coming thank you.

It is hooked up by USB

I'm not sure what USB speed you are using, but it might not be enough to get the data to Logic in time. Slow transfer speed combined with 10 MIDI tracks and some plugins could make Logic choke up sometimes. I recommend, as an experiment, to move all the audio for this project from the external drive to the internal drive. Also, try freezing your MIDI tracks (as mentioned) or go ahead and just bounce them all to audio. See if this fixes your problem.

What processor do you have? And is your drive plugged into a hub or right into the back of your computer?

I'm not sure what USB speed you are using, but it might not be enough to get the data to Logic in time. Slow transfer speed combined with 10 MIDI tracks and some plugins could make Logic choke up sometimes. I recommend, as an experiment, to move all the audio for this project from the external drive to the internal drive. Also, try freezing your MIDI tracks (as mentioned) or go ahead and just bounce them all to audio. See if this fixes your problem.

What processor do you have? And is your drive plugged into a hub or right into the back of your computer?

I'll implement your sugestions tonight; I'll also find out the procesor as it's not actually my computer; I'm tracking and mixing for an artist at another friend's home studio. The drives are plugged right into the back of the imac. I think just not using so many midi tracks or "freezing" them will do the trick. I'll let you all know the results tomorrow. Thanks Again!

Hello Good People! After freezing the midi tracks it all went smooth as butter. Thank you for your help!

Back