LIVE performance on tape

alfonzo

I have some live performaces from my uncle that are on tape. These are live performances from Vietnan...when the stars came to entertain the troops.

The problem is that the are long and I recorded them to wav so that my CDr could make it CDA.....
When I try to convert it to cda it says not of cd quality. Now it it sounds good when you play the wav file. SO i dont know why it wont take it. I sure would like to get these converted to digital format.....

Has anyone got any suggestions.... These tape are very long and are not standard move lengths either.

There must be a way to convert this to CD????

That message you got about the quality sounds to me like you selected the wrong .wav format when you digitized the tapes. Go back and check that the sample rate is 44.1KHz and the sample size is 16 bits.
And BTW: .wav IS a digital format.

Yes I know that wav is a digital format....but the current wav files are not usable and I still will need to record them to a CD quality format....this helps because I know that it is only 8 bits.

What kind of software would you suggest that would give me higher quality?

Thanks for the help.

Sound Forge XP is cheap enough to be my first choice, but you get can cheaper stuff that works well enough to do what you want.
Look for free versions or shareware versions.
And if it sounded good at 8 bits- 16 will blow you away!

[This message has been edited by drstawl (edited 06-12-2000).]

Back