Line In Jack?

UnkleSlam

Okay, I'll start by explaing what I am trying to do. I am trying to go from an ART tube mp,into the soundcard on my computer.

The line in on a computer is stereo.I have a couple of adapters. One stereo 1/4 to 1/8, one mono 1/4 to 1/8.My question is,do I have to use a TRS 1/4 or will any guitar cord do? I know on some things it doesn't matter, and on some it does.But I don't want to burn up my soundcard, so which one do I need?

Please help.

If you can find an 1/8" stereo male to two female 1/4" plugs you are set. If you can't, just make it. If you can't find it let me know.

Radio shack probably has it, maybe. Splitting it to two 1/4" plugs gives you a bit of versatility as far as left/right choices. Stereo micing etc.

No you don't need to use a TRS 1/4".

If you have a TRS 1/4" female to 1/8" stereo?, just plug it together, not gonna blow anything up.

Splitting the Left/Right input from the soundcard input would be a better way though.

What is it your recording, microphone, guitar etc?

Yeah, I actually went to Radio Shack today trying to find an 1/8 stereo male to 2 female 1/4. That's what I was looking for. I ended up getting the straight adapters because that's all they had.

I will be recording guitar, bass, drum machine, vocals,etc.

So it won't hurt to plug a mono guitar cable into the stereo 1/4 to 1/8, and then plug that straight in?

Thanx.

Emeric,if you know of anywhere thta I could get an adapter like you mentioned, hook me up.

I would still like to have it, just for more possibilities.

Thanx.Again.:)

Well I got this project box thing I built a few years ago specifically for this. It's 2 1/4" female jacks on the front, and out the back it has an 1/8" stereo male (Canare cable too!.).

If you want it, email me. You pay shipping and it's yours. Probably $15 to CA ground.

Actually screw that, email me your mailing address and I'll ship it off. If it works for you, send me $15.

Last edited:
I really appreciate it, but I don't want to put you out. I though that you knew somewhere online that I could buy one.So I'll just wait. Thanx anyway.

Not putting me out at all. I'd rather send it somewhere it can be used rather than in a land fill. It has application, I just don't have a use for it at the moment. It only cost $40 to build. If you don't want this one, build it yourself.. it's easy! Just a splitter.

Back