Line 6 HD Pro Recording HELP

TEAMER

I recently bought a Line 6 HD Pro (pretty similar to an Axe FX by Fractal Audio) and I'm pretty new to the whole recording world and I'm trying to do my metal band's own recordings and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this. I'm plugging it into my computer via USB and that's pretty much it, and the metal tones sound good but they don't sound crystal clear like professional recordings or super ballsy; they actually sound just like the quality of sound I was getting from my POD GX which is like the $99 cheapest POD you can get. (I went from that thing to this one, so it was a bit of an upgrade) But I guess what I'm getting at is, what's the best way to hook this thing to your computer so you can record perfect quality distorted guitar, or how you would go about recording the best you could with this HD Pro? Should I be using a sound card where I can plug an instrument cable directly into my computer rather than going through USB? All and any advice is helpful. (I have two pictures to show everything I have to work with. Line 6 has provided many options it seems.)

Thanks

IMG_3489.jpgIMG_7632.jpg

Ballsy electric guitar? Plug the Pod output into a tube amp with some good speakers, mic the speakers, send the mic signal to an audio interface into your computer.

Back