Iomega burner & Nero..

getuhgrip

Bring Back Transfat!
This is really a software issue I guess. I replaced a Creative CDW with an Iomega burner today and installed a version of Nero that came with the Creative. I haven't used either in about nine months and I can't remember what I had to do to copy a song from a CD to a track in Ntracks.
I keep getting an error message "unexpected format".
Do I need to buy a version of Nero that's not exclusive to Creative or am I just doing something wrong?
I thought I was able to copy a track, save as wav file and import to Ntracks.

you may need to get a cd ripper which will turn cda files into wav files for importing to multitrack programs and audio editors. if this is the case, you can probably find one for free or as shareware at Hitsquad.com.

Excellent! And thanks J.
I just downloded CD to Mp3. If it's easy to use I'll send the $30.

I must admit to being a little intimidated by all the selections for rippers as well as players. Any suggestions for either that work well together? I want to be able to extract tracks from CD and convert to wav files, and I guess ultimately convert them to Mp3's.

my cd burner, tdk velocd, came with some cool software for ripping audio cds and playing music......i haven't checked out the stuff on hitsquad.....but didn't you say that you were able to rip cds in the past? i haven't used Nero much but i'd guess it doesn't do ripping....did the creative come with any ripping software? if you have it on a cd you may be able to use that with your new burner.

Nero came as a proprietary freebie with the Creative and will apparently only going to work with that drive. Sucks!:D

I'll hunt around today on hitsquad.

Get - You are correct, Nero supplies several different "Lite" versions of their software that are keyed to a particular manufacturer. They check the drive and work only with that brand.

I found a program my wife got me last year called "Canon eJay" in the closet. I never used it cause I had Nero.
Cool! This rips, converts and has a player! I think she gave $4.99 after rebate at Comp USA. Generic but functional.:)

Back