If I do not have a mixer how do I hook up headphones?

Nutdotnet

Say you have a Mic Preamp, a Delta Audiophile, headphones, and a pair of monitors. Would you have to physically change your RCA plugs everytime you want to switch from listening through headphones and vice-versa? Sorry, this is a terribly dumb question, but the last small home studio I had I had a 1202 VLZ Pro Mixer and it had a dedicated headphone output and monitor outputs....

Thanks!

BTW- I do not have the monitors or the Soundcard yet...

ahh, that may not be a bad idea.

So what you are saying is use the Blue Tube Mic Preamp for the mic's and what-not and get a cheap-o Behringer for proper routing and what-not.

Any other suggestions would be great. I haven't heard very good things about the Behringer Mixer but most of the complaints have been with the Preamps on it....

Not a dumb question at all. Basically you need to run your source into an amp with either a headphone output or a bypass switch. Can you not lay your hands on a Power amp with this facility?

Not a dumb question at all. Basically you need to run your source into an amp with either a headphone output or a bypass switch. Can you not lay your hands on a Power amp with this facility?

umm...if this thread was a person, it would be in puberty right now. They prolly got it figured out :thumbs up:

umm...if this thread was a person, it would be in puberty right now. They prolly got it figured out :thumbs up:

No certainly not dumb. It always pays to look around whatever passes for Cash Converter shops in your area. Charity shops too often have very cheap "hi-fi" gear. You only need a 20-30W per channel amp with a headphone socket. If you are handy with a solder iron you can make an amp that will drive 10 or 20 sets of cans with such an amp.

Dave.

Back