How to make my own multi-sampled instrument in EXS24 - from acoustic samples!

storoi90

Hi!

As the title says, i´m trying to make my own multi-sampled instruments in EXS24, and i wanna do it with acoustic samples.
So i´m talking about sample packs (violin, acoustic guitar, electric guitar loops etc).

My question is if anybody here has any experience with doing this, and may suggest a method that gives a playable and decent sounding result.

So far i´ve tried sampling one note, say from a violin. Then i´ve just dragged that note in to EXS24, and obviously the samples slows down when you go down pitch, and speeds up when you go up pitch.
This sort of works if you play within a restricted area on the keyboard. (otherwise it sounds pretty obvious that your not playing a violin anymore).

The other thing i tried was taking that same violin note sample, and pitching every note in each key with Logic Pro X´s flex pitch, then bounced every key, and dragged them in to EXS24.
This worked somewhat, but it still sounded a bit off.. and i think it might be getting phase-issues when i play chords since it´s the same sample.

Anybody got a suggestion on how to do this in a more ideal way?

I´m guessing if i had a violin sample pack where the violin player played every note, that would be most ideal when dragging the samples in to EXS24. But most sample packs come with only loops..

Back