Hooking up: Eurorack MX802A to Echo MIA: HELP!!!!!

Octavabasso

Gurus,

I recently purchased a Echo MIA and a Behringer Eurorack MX802a in hopes that I could learn how to do home recording on my PC in a semi-professional manner. Until this point, I was able to record through a stock Compaq card and, using, ACID, get decent results. Now, I figured i could take a small step up with these two inexpensive units and get a better sound. The problem is though, what is the optimal way to hook these two up? The MIA has two analog ins and two analog outs (in addition to Digital in, Digital out). As many of you know, the Eurorack has 4 mono ins, 2 stereo ins, 2 Aux sends (mono), 2 aux returns (stereo) Control room out, Main out, RCA in, RCA out, and head phones.

PHEW: To make a long story short, can someone tell me the method to hook it all up so I can record? I want to be able to hear pre-recorded tracks while recording, but not "loop" the pre-recorded part through the mixer and create a feedback loop.
Feel free to "dumb it down" if you wish, although I do have some knowledge.

GRACIAS!
ROB

Okay i dont have either of these pieces of equipment but it seems like a pretty routine setup. Here is what you want to do. Take the two analog outs of the sound card, connect them to whatever type of amp you are using to power your monitors. If you dont have monitors and are only using headphones then connect the two analog outs to two of the mono inputs on your mixer(and plug your headphones into the mixersheadphone out). Next connect the two effects sends to the two analog inputs on your card. Now to record you have to connect your mics/lines to the remaining inputs on your mixer, and use the effects sends to send each mic/line two one of the inputs on your sound card. I hope that was clear enough for you.

Simon

Thanks

Thanks for the tips... as a matter of fact, I tried the AUX send option, but the signal is mono (pans on the individual channels don't affect the sound) so that is not an option. My only option is to run to my amp (read: reciever) to power my speakers. I was trying to use headphones at the mixer but i can't. ANYWAY: thank you for the advice.

I am using the Behringer 602A and same like the 802a, it doesn't have channel inserts, so you definately have to use the AUX send (as 2lim has mentioned....)

the signal you're getting is definately mono, but you'll be able to do panning in the mixing stage, no problem.... :)

unless you get a better mixer, I'm afraid that's you're only choice! :)

Back