Help with Protools LE on Laptop

Bandman

I have been trying to record using an MBox and Protools LE 6.4 on an HP zv5160 laptop. I am sending the tracks onto a Western Digital Passport external harddrive.

Here is my trouble. When making a recording I am getting an error message from protools saying "The operating system has held off interrupts too long. If this occurs oftern, try increasing the H/W buffer size in the playback engine dialog. (-9033)" This error message occurs inconsistently but usually about 3 minutes into a recording. It does happen every time that I record anything longer than about 3 minutes long. I have already adjusted the playback buffer to it's max of 1024 samples and the cpu usage limit to 85%.

I am very pleased with the mbox and protools.....If I could just get a complete recording without the error message that stops the process.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Bandman

yes

It is the same drive. I will give it a try again. I had initially recorded to my hdd in the laptop and I got the same error messages. However, I don'r remember how much I adjusted the h/w buffer.

Thanks,
BM

Help!

I just tried recording to the system drive and I am finding that I still get error messages.

I am also getting this error message when I try to "bounce to disk".

Any other solutions? Is this a common occurance with Protools 6.4?

Thanks!

It sounds like your system is just getting overloaded. Make sure that you aren't running any other programs in the background. If that doesn't fix it, you may have to upgrade to a 7200 rpm external drive. First though, make sure your processor/memory specs and other info match the minimum requirements published by digidesign.

Getting frustrated.

I have Hyperthreading shut off. I will try calling digidesigns tech support again tomorrow.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I am reading about a lot of people who are having this same problem however, I am seeing no solutions other than Hyperthreading and using a external Hdd. It appears that Protools is overloaded with tech problems.

Thanks so much for the help so far.
BM

I'm guessing it's because your HD is only running at 5400. Digidesign recommends a hard drive with a speed of 7200 rpm.

Back