HELP! Properly installing ProTools 11 w/ an Eleven Rack

H37

Hello,
So I recently purchased a ProTools 11 and Eleven Rack combo on sweetwater HERE. And it came in the mail today... Unfortunately I have had some issues setting it all up.
I assure you my PC is fully compatible with ProTools 11, It meets AND exceeds all the minimum requirements and I'd be happy to share all of my PC's specs upon request.

So far, ProTools v11.2.1 installs and runs on my 64-Bit Windows 8.1 Pro operating system without a hitch... My main issue is getting the eleven rack to work properly with it.

If anyone has an tips/tricks or even a full guide on how to set this up properly that would be a big help! At this point my biggest issue is that when I run ProTools with the eleven rack turned on and plugged in (USB connection) it recognizes it at first but then gives me a reoccurring error that "ElevenRack#2 lost connection/Is no longer plugged in... Would you like to try again?" The ProTools Manual indicates that selecting "No" will run the correct configuration for my setup, BUT when I select "No" ProTools loads up normally except the "Eleven Rack Control Window" never opens, Which the Protools manual says it is supposed to do if configured correctly.

At this point I have un-installed and re-installed ProTools/Eleven Rack and all of their respective drivers in the ProTool manuals instructed order SEVERAL TIMES.

So I am willing to start fresh again and uninstall/reinstall EVERYTHING if I can get some advice on the proper order in which to do it all in... Thanks guys! -H37

I use neither of the things you have so I may be pissing in the wind here but have you tried.....

• Installing the latest drivers from the website rather than the disc supplied. Eleven Rack Drivers
  • Remove all other USB hardware and try with just the E-Rack plugged in.
  • A different USB cable and a different port. (Are you using a Hub? Try without.)
  • Are you powering on the E-Rack before or after starting up Pro Tools? Try thd opposite.
  • Disabled all other sound devices?

Back