Help!...i cant mix.

Elmo89m

IM using sonar on my computer to mix and my setup doesnt allow me to do post-recordinged mixing (i dont think it will at least). I mic drums and guitar amp and run them into my 1b1202 behringer mixer. then i put the tape outputs intp the 1/8 line in of my soundcard. The problem is the only mixing i can do is during recording on the behringer. Because all seven tracks (5 drum 2 guitar) are recorded to one track on sonar i have no individual mixing ability. Help.. HOw do i. or anyone with a computer setup mix my music after it is recorded?

Last edited:
Elmo89m said:
IM using sonar on my computer to mix and my setup doesnt allow me to do post-recordinged mixing (i dont it will at least). I mic drums and guitar amp and run them into my 1b1202 behringer mixer. then i put the tape outputs intp the 1/8 line in of my soundcard. The problem is the only mixing i can do is during recording on the behringer. Because all seven tracks (5 drum 2 guitar) are recorded to one track on sonar i have no individual mixing ability. Help.. HOw do i. or anyone with a computer setup mix my music after it is recorded?

My man you will have to buy a multi channel sound card like a Delta 1010 that is the only way you will be able to seperate your tracks within Sonar.

Elmo89m said:
haha...yeah...the news i ve been dreading....but then what is the point of having a mixer?

Well if you have more inputs that your soundcard then you create sub mixes with the mixer ( but knowing that you cant control tha seperate tracks after you record), hince, what you are doing now. :D

so like for drums?.....but really it isnt needed.....so why when you see pro studios the have huge friggin' mixer boards?

Elmo89m said:
so like for drums?.....but really it isnt needed.....so why when you see pro studios the have huge friggin' mixer boards?

Because they like to mix the song thru the board after its recorded and do analog summing instead of digital summing ( a whole other suject, do a search) then send it back to the recording device.

Back