having problems with s/pdif!!

drummersteve

hi there.

i recently got a v-amp pro, and i wish to hook it up to my 1010lt via s/pdif. so, i have the spdif out on the vamp connected to the spdif in on the card. i also have the word clock connectors on the vamp and 1010lt hooked up. the settings on the vamp pro for the spdif is set to external (the 1010lt). although, when i go into the control panel for the 1010, it says that there is "invalid or no signal present"under the spdif tab. ive searched in both the 1010 and vamp manual to try n fix the problem but to no avail. :mad: anyone have any ideas as to what im doing wrong? thanks!!

steve

First of all lose the word clock cable. The V Amp should be set to clock internally and your recorder should be set to slave to the incoming S/PDIF signal.

okay, i will do that. the weird thing is, even before i had the wordclock set up and had the internal clock (i tried the diffrent rates) it still was giving me the same error message, n i dont understand why :confused: any other suggestions?

Here's the deal. The source (in this case, the V Amp) is the clock master. The recieving end (in this case, the recorder) must be set to slave to the incoming digital stream. I've never used a 1010 but I'm sure there's a tab in there for selecting inputs. Set it to clock to incoming S/PDIF. Make sure that all sampling rates match on both the V Amp and the recorder (either 44.1 or 48khz). Also (and this is important) make sure that the cable you're using to connect the two devices is a 75 ohm video type cable and NOT an RCA patch cord like you'd use to patch stereo gear together. Those will not work.

I'm not sure if I understand your problem but maybe this might help. In Control Panel - Sounds and Audio, make sure S/PDIF in is selected under the "Sound Recording" Tab.

go to your delta control panel, select HARDWARE SETTINGS, under "master clock" select S/PDIF in

NOTE** your V-amp has to be switched on to feed the clock signal to the S/Pdif input of the 1010, also....you can still record through the S/PDIF conectionss from the V-amp to the 1010 without using the V-amp as the clock source...and lose that word clock cable, you don't need it

Back