Guitar Amp Miking.

Ryan Elliott

how is the best way to go about this!

should i use my Behringer C-1 Condenser Microphone

or

Wharfedale KMD-7 Drum mic's

Only reason i ask is that when we got the Drum mic's a random guy said that the KM-3 Condenser was really good for recording guitar amps!

and for the people that helped me get all my recording stuff sorted about 4/5 weeks ago im all up and running could not have done it without you

Thank You So Much

Suggest you close this, as it has nothing to do with digital recording and computers, which is what this subforum is for, and open a new thread in the mic section...

And read all the info there as well. And why would you not try both and see which you like the best? Don't answer that...

I couldn't get response curves for the 'KM's- no matter.
First thing is get a feel for what a mic does as you move anywhere from center of the cone, to all the way out to the edgs, and right up close to it, or back a few to several inches, etc. There is a whole range of tone variations.
Then there is the mic's tone and respose on top of what ever is coming out of the speaker.
The condensors can (typically) be flater- (i.e. may be truer') but can just as well have highs (or lows for that mater) -extensions in their frequency ranges we don't even need for electric guitar tones.
And less 'flat' dynamics (or any mics actually) can have bumps in the response that do really nice things in the midrange for example- that might work better than 'the truer' representation of a flat('er :) mic.
Start with the condensor (moving it around..) Then try regular dynamic, then maybe the kick'n bass' one.

Suggest you close this, as it has nothing to do with digital recording and computers, which is what this subforum is for, and open a new thread in the mic section..

And of course I wouldn't know that... 'cause I click on 'new posts'
..don't know where the hell I am half the time any way :D

Back