Got any suggestions on an Audio/MIDI Interface?

bturner

Hi All,

I'm new to this and not sure if this is the right place for this question; Please redirect me if it is.

I need to buy an Audio/MIDI interface for a home studio and would like some suggestions. I have a Mac laptop with Firewire and USB 2.0. I have yet to get recording software, but will start off with Garage band and upgrade later. I will need at least 4 Inputs for microphones and instruments and will also need a MIDI input. Any suggestions on a GOOD quality entry level audio interface?

I'd love to answer any questions you have and hear your suggestions. I'd also really like to hear why you do or don't like a particular Audio Interface.

Thanks,

BT

What kind of work are you looking to do? Are you planning to record just yourself or a rock band?

What kind of work are you looking to do? Are you planning to record just yourself or a rock band?

I'll be recording myself or have another musician come lay down a track. However, I'll never be recording a full band all at the same time. I'll be doing some MIDI recording-- drum machine and synth. I'll also be doing some Microphone and Guitar. I won't be recording more than 2 instruments at a time.

Loads of info here.
Good places to start would be Presonus Mobile, M Audio Fasttrack, Focusrite Saffire.
Personally, I've never had a problem with Presonus or M Audio interfaces.

Any particular Presonus interface that you recommend?

Any particular Presonus interface that you recommend?

I have the Audiobox USB which came with Studio One Artist multitrack software. A heck of a deal for $150!

Studio One was built by former Cubase engineers as I understand it. Their goal was to improve on Cubase all the way around. I am impressed with it so far after a month or so.

I have the M-audio fast track pro through cubase 5 with a shitload of plugin's and a pair of M-audio Bx8a
and I can get some great sounds @48hz/24bit.

Back