Good ASIO Card with the least chance of popping/clipping?

crewxp

I'm looking for a good ASIO Card that's affordable and meets my needs. ($250 and below).

I'm just getting into music production (for fun), and have issues when playing large samples. I load EWQL Symphonic Library Play Edition and usually always get a pop when I'm playing. I've tried tinkering with my settings, but am currently running on a 512kb buffer and high cpu utilization.

My processor seems like it hardly ever gets used (Always at 20-30%) and popping still occurs sometimes when I play both hands. A 512 buffer gives me a little delay when playing music, and any more would be un-workable. I want to get the buffer lower, increase quality, and cut out clippings.

It mostly happens on high quality libraries I bought, but OCCASIONALLY it happens on generic synths in Fl Studio Also. It doesn't pop, but instead nothing is played for a good second or two, then automatically lets me play keys again. I don't think my UX2 Was designed for a good ASIO, but rather than a mic input.

Can anyone recommend me a good ASIO Card that might help my needs? Both of my midi instruments connect via USB out.

Here's my setup:
i7 920 Processor overclocked to 3.4Ghz (Tried unclocked also).
12GB Ram (Good quality and fast, not overclocked).
Windows 7 64-bit OS And Cubase running on Intel X-25M 80GB SSD.
Samples ran from internal Seagate 7200 2TB Black Hard Drive (Rated high).
Toneport UX2 ASIO Driver
Cubase 6 (new version) 32-bit.
24-bit loaded samples ran at 4800Khz
1x Axiom 64 Pro
1x Yamaha Generic USB Piano/Keyboard

Wow, your computer is smokin. I don't know why you would have laency problems. Do some research on optimizing for audio production/recording. Something is running in the background taking up resources. I have 1/4 of you computer and run at 256 buffer without a problem until I hit 12 or 13 tracks.

Sorry for the delay, been out of town :(

Smokin? I had thought my computer was starting to get old. Was considering doing another upgrade. But if not, that would definitely save me some money! I've been looking at optimizing audio, but haven't found much resources. I'm definitely doing something wrong I guess :/

I had thought my problem lied in my Toneport UX2 ASIO. As I dont think it was really designed to be a low latency midi ASIO card, just mainly for mics? Idk..

A couple of things that can cause audio problems are virus software running, background apps, network cards...

When you are doing music, don't conect to the internet and turn off everything you absolutely don't need. Do the cntr-alt-del thing and turn off all programs and processes you don't need.

Just to be sure, have you tried the DPC Latency checker? Here's the link:
DPC Latency Checker
You really should'nt be having a problem. Could be the drivers in the UX2, but try this stuff.
Good luck

Back