Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP Question

MidoBan

I understand that the Pro 24 has the DSP feature, so i can run stuff like reverb and limiter on the onboard chip and i wont have any strain on my CPU like with a DAW plugin. My question is if those onboard effects can only be used while recording or can i also apply them after the tracks had already been recorded?

For instance, if i recorded something without any reverb at all, and i wanna add some now, can i use the onboard reverb to do it? also, if i recorded using the onboard reverb can i then remove the reverb from the track after i recorded?

Thanks!

Once you print a track with reverb to disk there's no getting rid of the reverb.

Yeah, you could record the tracks dry and then run them back through the Focusrite but you'd probably be better off using the DSP FX in the DAW software.

As far as just using reverb as an FX for monitoring while recording you have to read the manual to figure out if the FX can be applied to the the output only and not print to disk.

Once you print a track with reverb to disk there's no getting rid of the reverb.

Yeah, you could record the tracks dry and then run them back through the Focusrite but you'd probably be better off using the DSP FX in the DAW software.

As far as just using reverb as an FX for monitoring while recording you have to read the manual to figure out if the FX can be applied to the the output only and not print to disk.

Ok thanks, thats what i wanted to know.

Back