Focusrite Pro 40 or pcmcia card Faulty?

I hope its just somehitng to do with the gain or the pcmcia card. got to order the card again as they one they sent me never showed up..

I plugged in my Delta M-Audio card from my desktop and the difference was amazing the m-audio delta pci card sounded so much clearer.

re-reading your posts, you seem to have already confirmed the card is good..in your own words, your own ears.

is it only your recorded material ?

does commercial stuff sound good through your system?

(what I'm wondering if its some setup issue with your software and not pro40)... gains messed up, some effect being routed...I dont know.

Hi thanks I guess my thread is a little confused sorry... I have a new pcmcia card and the latency issues are better but when I move things on screen it still effects the sound?????
The new Belkin card is much better.
Now I am having problems getting the focusrite working on my desktop! I just bought a pci belkin card and it is not recognising the focusrite at all.. :-(

How is the new sound card you got? I really like the look of some of the tascam stuff.. How are the preamps? and the routing software? You say its USB? I am interested that there are all these new USB interfaces with lots of inputs.. Why was it only fire wire? i would have probably gone with usb if they were around a few year ago then worrying about te chi[pset would not have been an issue..
Hope your well.. Thanks for updating! :-)

I would be calling Focusrite if I were in your situation....you've been battling this too long.

There is no comparing the Tascam 1641/1800 to the Pro40 because it doesnt have all the ControlMix for a start, there is no routing! It just goes into your CUbase or whatever.... the Cubase or softwarerecording is all there is.
this Tascam, like theTascam 122 I was using, only has a small setup window with like a latency increase or decrease button and select an output or something....

I took the unit out of the box and it was running in no time with the instal CD's. It hasnt had even one error since.
Theres nothing to report or talk about. It was very cool and painless.

This particular unit is very simple.....only one pot for each of 8 channels, used as gain or pad....

Maybe its the chipset and all that? I dont know...it works, it doesnt freeze up over and over and over....it works with my old 2005 pc.

good luck... maybe if you find someone with the Pro40 working real well they can get the issue fixed?

when I move things on screen it still effects the sound?????
The new Belkin card is much better.
Now I am having problems getting the focusrite working on my desktop! I just bought a pci belkin card and it is not recognising the focusrite at all.. :-(

it almost starts reading like its your pc and not the focusrite? Does your Pro40 sound good when your not moving your mouse around? does it work fine when your not multi-tasking on your pc?

maybe find an old mouse with the old style connector and see if that works better?

starting to sound like some "sharing " issue on your pc?

Maybe its the chipset and all that? I dont know...it works, it doesnt freeze up over and over and over....

I thought the Tascam was usb? If so there aren't the same chipset issues you get with fire wire. Honestly you would probably find the Pro40 worked great with a pci fire wire card with the Ti chipset.. But if you are happy with the Tascam then theres no problem, you could always buy a mixer to do all the routing anyway?

it almost starts reading like its your pc and not the focusrite? Does your Pro40 sound good when your not moving your mouse around? does it work fine when your not multi-tasking on your pc?

maybe find an old mouse with the old style connector and see if that works better?

starting to sound like some "sharing " issue on your pc?

Yeah there is some kind of problem with some sharing issue, I have been talking to focusrite for ages about it and thought it was just the pcmcia card but now I have a new one there is still the weird problem of the mouse effecting the sound...

well? did you clear up the issue?
good luck, there has to be someone that can add to this or whose ran into this.

yeah, as you said..its USB
I dont understand the hardware of firewire or usb, but USB 2 works fine for my needs.
I do shut everything down when I record, unplug all USB devices etc...

you know a while back, not too long ago my son and I noticed the WIndows Media player playing evrything back really really slow, but listenable.
it was cleared with a reboot or something, but there aybe something to this "slow music" tied to the same issue?

Back