Focusrite iTrack Solo vs. Behringer iS202 (w/ iPad/Garageband)

Ricklh

I do my recording with iOS Garageband and earlier in the year purchased both the Apogee Jam guitar interface (works great), and for miking, the iRig Pre. However, I'm thinking I should have waited & just got an all-in-one unit such as the Focusrite iTrack Solo or the Behringer iS202. As the Focusrite can be had at a slightly lower price than the Behringer, I'm thinking it would be the obvious choice to go with. Any owners/users here of either product with thoughts on the two? Would the Focusrite preamps sound any better than the Apogee Jam I already have?

94 views and no one here has any comments about the Focusrite iTrack Solo? Wow, maybe my question was too complex. Anyway, I've ordered one, looking forward to getting it next week.

On another topic, why is there no forum on here for iOS GarageBand recording?

The Focusrite can do a little more than the jam, and I would imagine that it has better preamps.

As for the views and no answers, many of the views here are bots and not actually people looking at this question. Just be a little patient. This site is very good in answering questions.

94 views and no one here has any comments about the Focusrite iTrack Solo? Wow, maybe my question was too complex. Anyway, I've ordered one, looking forward to getting it next week.

On another topic, why is there no forum on here for iOS GarageBand recording?

Most of us here will reply to questions that we have experience with. I myself have never even heard of the Apogee Jam guitar interface. And I am around here everyday for like 3 years. I just had nothing to say, as I have not used either of the interfaces you mentioned. If you had a question about something I am familiar with, I would be back to you in less than 4 hours.

I can only assume there is not a demand (users) that use GarageBand enough to require a special forum. It does not talked about much on these forums, other than being brought up as to what to upgrade to from it.

And yes, likely most of your views were either passers by, Googling bots, or just members like myself, who had no direct experience advice to give.

Best of luck with your purchase! :)

The Focusrite can do a little more than the jam, and I would imagine that it has better preamps.

As for the views and no answers, many of the views here are bots and not actually people looking at this question. Just be a little patient. This site is very good in answering questions.

Thanks for the info man

Cool Jimmy, much appreciate the response. I'll let you all know my results with the Focusrite

Hey, Ricklh. I hope this post isn't so far out of date that it's no longer relevant. I just finished a pretty thorough review of the iTrack Solo/Studio for the Center for Digital Storytelling ("An Audio Interface for the iPad: The Focusrite iTrack Solo" at the Story Center Blog). However, it's written for an audience of Digital Storytellers who would likely use it primarily for voice recordings. Not sure if you'll find it helpful, but I figure there's a chance. Also, I see that you've purchased one. Would you care to weigh in on anything I might have got wrong? No big deal, either way. I hope you like your iTrack. Best of luck. Trauman

Back