Firewire, USB 3.0, Audio Interface Help

theoriginalthg

Okay guys so I'm looking at some interfaces to get and the ones I like are all firewire. But I'm also gonna get a new computer (it's Christmas and I need it). The problem is that new computers don't come with firewire. Only USB 3.0. I've heard tell that there is an adapter that will work for this. My question is: will a Firewire to USB 3.0 adapter work?

Thanks

Protocol is the communication between to things. I'm not so tech savvy, so I can't give you a better definition.

But I believe that firewire sends its information in a stream while USB sends its information in broken up bursts.

That's pretty much all my knowledge in firewire/usb.

A more detailed explanation would be here and other forums, and maybe you'll get one from the more knowledgeable computer members here.

Do firewire to usb adapters work? | Videomaker.com

Okay guys so I'm looking at some interfaces to get and the ones I like are all firewire. But I'm also gonna get a new computer (it's Christmas and I need it). The problem is that new computers don't come with firewire. Only USB 3.0. I've heard tell that there is an adapter that will work for this. My question is: will a Firewire to USB 3.0 adapter work?

Thanks

Does the laptop have a card slot? That's how I use mine. Even if the laptop had firewire, it wont work right if it isn't the right chip set. Same with desktops. I like my saffire pro a lot, but I did have to buy a card for both my desktop and laptop to be able to use it....

Does the laptop have a card slot? That's how I use mine. Even if the laptop had firewire, it wont work right if it isn't the right chip set. Same with desktops. I like my saffire pro a lot, but I did have to buy a card for both my desktop and laptop to be able to use it....

Card slot??

Sometimes, laptops or desktops have expansion slots. You could fit a firewire card in the computer. Do you, by any chance, know what computer you are getting?

Back